How to achieve so strong vintage/retro color effect, any presets or ideas?

AndyRal123

Suspended / Banned
Name
AndyRal
Edit My Images
No
Interested about Your attitude to achieving at least some parts of this old photo effect?

Attachments

• asdasd.jpg
    asdasd.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 41
Brown and yellow duotone, white bits masked off, applied at maybe 70-80% (adjust to taste), lots of grain, very slight vignette. Off the top of my head, without trying it.

Hello Gary. :) Thanks for response, good idea for duotone, I will look at this in that perspective. haven't actually heard bout masking off white bits before. Searched for that and didnt get anything, can kindly give some clue about that?

Greetings
Sincerely, Andy

Have a look at this thread it might give you a few pointers if that is the sort of thing you are looking for.

Thank You, i will check that topaz plugin, sound interesting, thanks for posting and valuable tip I appreciate that :)

Hello Gary. :) Thanks for response, good idea for duotone, I will look at this in that perspective. haven't actually heard bout masking off white bits before. Searched for that and didnt get anything, can kindly give some clue about that?

If you just use a brown/yellow duotone, the white parts will come out yellow. If you use a program like Photoshop, Gimp, or On1Photo Raw, you can draw a selection around those white parts, invert the selection, and then apply the duotone, and the white parts should stay the same. If you're not sure how to do that you'll want to find a primer on layers and masking. YouTube should have lots of examples.

Back