How to achieve this effect?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, recently I am a fan of images produced by Ryan Sheppeck (i will not provide a link but easy to google). He has, in my opinion, a very distinctive way of editing images. Images look bright and "delicate". I tried to achieve this on my images but failed to get anywhere close. I may be wrong here but seems to me that shadows are opened quite a bit, there is often a blueish cast, contrast is on the lower side? Often seems he removes most colours leaving just two-three main ones (i.e only blue, green and brow).
I would happily buy his presets to explore, but I use capture one and he does offer these. Any chance you could please advise on how to achieve a similar effect? What are the main settings he seems to be using?

Thank you

Would be better if you can post an image what you're talking about instead of us looking up the photographer. You might get some replies then.

Hi, recently I am a fan of images produced by Ryan Sheppeck (i will not provide a link but easy to google). He has, in my opinion, a very distinctive way of editing images. Images look bright and "delicate". I tried to achieve this on my images but failed to get anywhere close. I may be wrong here but seems to me that shadows are opened quite a bit, there is often a blueish cast, contrast is on the lower side? Often seems he removes most colours leaving just two-three main ones (i.e only blue, green and brow).
I would happily buy his presets to explore, but I use capture one and he does offer these. Any chance you could please advise on how to achieve a similar effect? What are the main settings he seems to be using?

Thank you
Presets are a bit of a red herring as they apply adjustments that were applied to specific out of camera images At a particular time of day in a particular place in the world ie had unique lighting and colouration taken by a specific camera. It’s very difficult to recreate that starting point to then adjust to the look you’ve seen in the photographers final images.

While Ryan has some very nice images on his site, I could not see this style which the OP mentions. Far better to make you own decisions and over time develop your own style.

Dave

Back