How to delete photos from Photoshop Elements

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I download my images onto my MacBook,then export them into Photoshop Elements15 editor for any adjustments, If i decide i want to remove that image from the Editor i thought i could export the image from whence it came, but i can't find a way to remove that image completely,ive been on the Adobe help page but can only find information regarding deleting some unwanted parts of that image.How do you delete it ?Many thanks.

I'm confused and I don't understand what you're asking

Elements has two modules: Organiser and Editor. I don't understand what you mean when you say you've exported your images into the Editor. Exported from where? The usual workflow would be to import the images into the Organiser and then edit them from there. If that's not what you're doing, I think you'll need to explain what you are doing a little more carefully.

Also, I don't understand what you mean by deleting an image from the Editor. Normally one would use the Organiser to delete images. Again, I think you'll need to clarify things a bit.

Last edited:
If you don't want the image in the editor, you just close it (File menu-Close). If you like the image, save it first. Once you have the image in Elements Organiser, there is no importing and exporting in Elements.

Last edited:
Thank you, to try and simplify what i do i will explain it again, i have not had the Mac or the software very long and being self taught i may have got things arse about face.Anyway this is it ,import images from sd card into photos, choose image to send to photoshop, go to file export 1 photo, drop down box says either cancel or export, click export to premier elements, export complete.Open finder, theres my image, click on image, go to the little wheel thingy at the top, open with photoshop editor.image is now on editor.Now the problem is if i don't want this image any more how do i delete it or send it back the same way ?.Because as far as i can see it remains in Open file box just above screen.I hope this makes a little more sense.

You are doing far too much and making life unnecessarily difficult.

Once the image is in Elements Editor, you DO NOT delete it - you CLOSE it from the FILE menu. Once you have done that, Elements Editor will have nothing more to do with it until you open it again.

When you close the image, Elements Editor will ask if you want to save the changes you have made - you do not have to.

A small matter: when you are writing a post here and use a full stop, follow the full stop with a space. It makes it so much easier for us to read.

Last edited:
Thank you, to try and simplify what i do i will explain it again, i have not had the Mac or the software very long and being self taught i may have got things arse about face.Anyway this is it ,import images from sd card into photos, choose image to send to photoshop, go to file export 1 photo, drop down box says either cancel or export, click export to premier elements, export complete.Open finder, theres my image, click on image, go to the little wheel thingy at the top, open with photoshop editor.image is now on editor.Now the problem is if i don't want this image any more how do i delete it or send it back the same way ?.Because as far as i can see it remains in Open file box just above screen.I hope this makes a little more sense.
In Elements Editor, you have three choices at the top of the screen: Quick, Guided and Expert. If you are using Quick, you close the file as I already suggested by File->Close. If you are in Expert, you can do exactly the same or you can click on the X by the image name at the top (doesn't work in Quick).

On the top left of the screen is the word "Open" with a little down arrow beside it. If you click on the down arrow, it will tell you the last 5 or 6 images you have worked on. It is just a reminder and means nothing. If you click on the word "Open" a window will open in the middle of the screen to allow you to choose which image to open.

AH ok ,i didn't realise that the Open box only lets you know the last images you've worked on, i thought after some time that would fill up somehow, no prob thanks.

Back