1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. leaky5

leaky5

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    This is how to insert pictures which you can then click on to go to the original and view different sizes of the image.

Basically you need to add HTML code that looks like this. It is made up from 2 separate URL’s.

[URL=http://www.flickr.com/photos/leaky5/3681580375/][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/3681580375_945eb6a519.jpg?v=0[/IMG][/URL]

The first URL above is this one. Copy the URL from the top line into your HTML text.

[​IMG]

The second one you can not see. You either right click (Windows) or ctrl+click(MAC) whilst your mouse pointer is over the picture. Choose ‘copy image location’ and paste that in as the second URL in your HTML

[​IMG]

For this picture you will end up with this clickable one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Jo

Jo

Name:
    Jo Fisher
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Whilst this method does work, it's not the easiest way. There is another thread somewhere that shows you an easier way, but I'm just signing off to get some sleep. Hopefully someone else will come along with the link for you :)

3. RobertP

RobertP TPer Emeritus

Name:
    Robert
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Leaky - if you want to explain how to format tags and not have the system process them and spoil your explanation use noparse.

Just quote this message to see what I mean (using your last picture links URL as an example)....

For this picture you will end up with this clickable one.

[URL=http://www.flickr.com/photos/leaky5/3681580375/][IMG] http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/3681580375_945eb6a519.jpg?v=0 [/IMG][/URL]

4. leaky5

leaky5

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Robert, I have been trying to find out how to do that for ages. Orginal post now modified.

Richard

5. neil_g

neil_g

Name:
    Neil
    Edit My Images:
    No
    just for the record the code isnt HTML, its just code that most forums will accept.

6. mipevo6

mipevo6

Name:
    Martin
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    ok it has changed again

I had to grab the url of the thumbnail (end in t.jpg) and use that second
    it then displays the thumbnail version (or remove the _t for it to display the medium version)

Then the first url has the _b for I assume big ;-) or you can copy the url for the large version of course :)

[URL=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2777/4346408700_ef6c597ca8_b.jpg][IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2777/4346408700_ef6c597ca8.jpg?v=0[/IMG][/URL]

tada

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  7. Ste Manns

Ste Manns

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ok, this is doing my head in...

I have followed the above advice to the letter, but when I preview my post it isn't right - the image shows but the url also appears in text before the image, and it looks a mess. What am I missing? :shrug:

Edit - ok I've figured it out now!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  8. abdabs

abdabs

Name:
    Jill
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  9. Blaney

Blaney

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  10. tony09uk

tony09uk

Name:
    Tony
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    [​IMG]
    I have used the link from the address bar but when I right click the ‘copy image location’ option does not appear

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  11. tony09uk

tony09uk

Name:
    Tony
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    [​IMG]
    I have used the link from the address bar but when I right click the ‘copy image location’ option does not appear.

[​IMG]

12. Chrisphoter

Chrisphoter

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm confused! I've always posted pictures directly into forum posts, via upload from my computer. Can that not be done here? Must all pictures be hosted on external sites like Flickr or (aaargh cough spit) Photobucket?

13. Marcel

Marcel Kim Jong Bod Staff Member Admin

Name:
    Marcel
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    No you an attach them to posts now. This wasn't always the case :)

Chrisphoter likes this.
  14. Chrisphoter

Chrisphoter

Edit My Images:
    No
    Cool! I actually belong to no photo hosting sites (with the possible exception of Facebook, but we needn't talk about that...)

15. GHP

GHP

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well, I'm glad I read through this post !
    Clear as mud now !!

16. Phil-D

Phil-D

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I didn't know we could up-load straight from the computer, I've just looked at doing so and I'm still no wiser :oops: :$ Could someone explain what I'm missing please :)

Edit- Found it, it was quite obvious once I'd opened mi eyes :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  17. BlackCloud

BlackCloud

Edit My Images:
    No
    Just out of interest, how do you upload an image straight from computer? I did one a few weeks ago uploading the image as a file and unlike other images in thread, you had to click it to open the file to view it. The upload image icon is a URL link. Am I missing something? Polite charitable Christmas spirit answers please ;-)

18. Cg_Girl

Cg_Girl Jamie Oliver's best friend.

Name:
    T.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If I post direct from phome or pc I click the upload a file tab, bottom of message box then black box comes up saying choose file, I find photo them click full picture not thumbnail... Does that help?

19. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It should do, that's exactly how you do it...

Cg_Girl likes this.
  20. BlackCloud

BlackCloud

Edit My Images:
    No
    Ah, thanks, it's only when you choose to upload that way you then get an option to display the image rather than thumbnail. I wasn't even getting that far, just thinking I would end up the same as before. Many thanks... Merry Christmas

21. gazoutdoors

gazoutdoors

Name:
    Garry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    have you still got too resize your photos , when you upload from your computer

22. Bobsyeruncle

Bobsyeruncle

Name:
    Robert
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Go to Flickr and open a page like this....

image.jpg

Then click the bendy arrow that points to the right and you get this......

image.jpg

Select the appropriate size, then Copy and paste the BB code into the post, and you get this.......

[​IMG]Curlew at Doonfoot by robert shearer, on Flickr

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  23. gazoutdoors

gazoutdoors

Name:
    Garry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    cheers bud ,, I've got it now ,,

24. Bobsyeruncle

Bobsyeruncle

Name:
    Robert
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You can also upload directly from your PC by clicking the upload a file button next to the post reply button, but if the image is too big it won't upload.

image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  25. gazoutdoors

gazoutdoors

Name:
    Garry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    that's a cracking shot bud , was that the other day .. great light

26. Bobsyeruncle

Bobsyeruncle

Name:
    Robert
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks. I went back to Doonfoot the next day.