How to remove this dude ?

Edit My Images
Yes
hi all

Got the chance to do some football pics, but with all the worry of focus/light etc this dude snuck into the background, I’m a complete beginner with LR and PHOTOSHOP, can do ba is in LR, watched numerous tutiorials today, spent 4/5hrs attempting it but failed to achieve anything I was happy with.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/94737641@N02/R07e4j

Easy way is copy the fence?and grass on the left side and flip it over dude.

Do you know of any tutorials/videos on this, that explain it in learner terms, everything I want h is like “just hit this and that, short key here and there , hey presto, done. seems simple when people say it or do it but I suppose PS is one of those things that’s so simple when you know, but almost impossible if you don’t, I do hate PS with avengence but if I want to get better I have to learn it.

I'm no editor at all. in fact it's among my weakest attributes but with a few clicks just cloned the grass around him, you got a nice bokeh so there is no detail to worry about. I could have done a smoother job but this was just for demo purposes.

Footballer by Brian Lewicki, on Flickr

Last edited:
Do you know of any tutorials/videos on this, that explain it in learner terms, everything I want h is like “just hit this and that, short key here and there , hey presto, done. seems simple when people say it or do it but I suppose PS is one of those things that’s so simple when you know, but almost impossible if you don’t, I do hate PS with avengence but if I want to get better I have to learn it.

I follow this guy on YouTube- new videos are very frequent and he knows his stuff

Link- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrvLMUITAImCHMOhX88PYQ

Les :)

I'm no editor at all. in fact it's among my weakest attributes but with a few clicks just cloned the grass around him, you got a nice bokeh so there is no detail to worry about. I could have done a smoother job but this was just for demo purposes.

Footballer by Brian Lewicki, on Flickr
Id of been happy with this, i think i made the mistake of trying to leave the white rails in and just remove the figure, should of expanded the area and just removed everything to leave grass, as you say I thought the boken was causing the issue with PS finding the content aware object, when i should of used the boken to my advantage, also looking at it 1:1 on a 27" mac, the results looked so bad, but at this size they are acceptable.

I used to do landscape photography and always looked at the scene to see what I DIDN'T want in the scene and take the appropriate action of either moving or moving an object / s, I apply the same philosophy now that I photograph models / people but still get it wrong now and then, look first then press the shutter.

I used to do landscape photography and always looked at the scene to see what I DIDN'T want in the scene and take the appropriate action of either moving or moving an object / s, I apply the same philosophy now that I photograph models/people but still get it wrong now and then, look first then press the shutter.
Yes, i had the scene set nice, had the players sit in exactly the same spot and i dint move an inch to try and keep them all uniformed, just didn't notice that bloke popping in and out.

I had a quick and dirty go at trying to leave a suggestion of the rails being there and came up with this.
The line between the bootom rail and the grass is a little to clean but with some work it could be fettled to represent the OOF blend that would have happened had the person not been standing there in the first place.

small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a quick and dirty go at trying to leave a suggestion of the rails being there and came up with this.
The line between the bootom rail and the grass is a little to clean but with some work it could be fettled to represent the OOF blend that would have happened had the person not been standing there in the first place.

View attachment 131783
Thank you, yes I would be very happy if I got close to this, how did you do it if you don’t mind explaining, even thou I’ve haded pics over, I’m still going to learn how do deal with these issues

Thank you, yes I would be very happy if I got close to this, how did you do it if you don’t mind explaining, even thou I’ve haded pics over, I’m still going to learn how do deal with these issues

This was just 10 minutes worth of using the content fill aware tool to remove the man and blending the background back in using the clone tool to copy parts of the visible fence/ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back