How well are you sleeping

No more problems then usual, and far better now the weather has cooled down and pollen count has decreased

Better, wife is currently off work and doesn't get up at 6.15 so now I generally rise about 7.00.
Up earlier this morning, had a few things to get done before the rest of the house awoke

When it gets hot and the pollen count is high, nice to get up early then to enjoy a cool morning.
Before I retired had never started work later than 07.45 so getting up early is my normal

Last edited:
I sleep well. Every day I also sleep a siesta, something I usually only get to do on my days off from work.

I'm sleeping well, as usual. No problems. I go to bed around 10pm and get up about 5.30 - 6.00am.

Hot nights don't bother me, I'm used to them. Hot and humid nights are a bit of a pain.

So I have just checked.

Average of 8hrs 19 over the past month, and I’m sleeping more than last year.

No complaints here.

Adjustments.JPG

Adjustments.JPG

The usual 6.5 to 7 hrs sleep per night.
Not sure what the context of the article meant by some reporting more vivid dreams has to do with sleeping problems, the point at which you are dreaming, otherwise known as REM sleep is when the body is most rested and repairing itself.

Always sleep well. Only need around 6 hours in my bed, but I do like the odd nap on the couch. :)

With me its not very well,it looks like its a pattern at the moment,one of the possible reasons is financial worries but not in my case.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52911395

Funny you ask but not too well and not too well for a few weeks now.

I'm not sure exactly why but I think it's stress and anxiety related. The whole c19 thing has probably got to a lot of us but a big factor for me could well be that I'm pretty much a full time carer for an elderly person who needs a lot of help these days and also shows signs of Alzheimers which can be extremely upsetting. For much of the time they're fine but for much of the time they drift off into a fantasy life they're convinced is real. Repeatedly telling someone that their partner died 20 years ago and trying to ease them when they think they live somewhere else and have a different life can be upsetting for everyone involved and at times there's, well, nastiness really, I do know it's not the real person saying these things but they're still upsetting. There's also the pressure of trying to have some sort of normal married life too. I'm last to bed and first up every day and it's often a busy life but for whatever reason for the last few weeks the quality of sleep just hasn't been there.

Depends on if it’s been a wine evening or not, still, I need to get up most nights to P regardless, not worrying about much than usual since there’s very little I can do about it. Up at a regular time in the morning for the medication and if I’m tired I pass on coffee and do some overtime on the pillow.

Unfortunately, a good night's sleep is a distant memory. Leg spasticity and twitches keep me awake for long periods and, when I wake up in the morning, my legs are too painful and I have to get up. I've never been able to nap during the day either.

It's been particularly bad since I've been on furlough but I'm not sure if there's a link.

I've slept poorly since my tumour was removed almost 8 years ago. Getting better but slowly. Used to blame the cat for waking me up at crack-of-sparrow-fart but still tend to wake up at around 04:30 or so. Did wonder if someone headed off to work early but no, it's me!

getting to sleep easier now i stopped caffine (for other reasons) ..

Not very well. 7 weeks out of hospital after a nasty bout of coronavirus. Body doing ok but head still not straight. Bad dreams.

to be honest. like a baby, I finished my previous contact bang on the end Feb and came home to Yorkshire hoping for a few weeks off before getting back on the tread mill.
next thing its lockdown and the gov are paying me to stay at home, boy o boy im 3 months in its bliss...

Not very well. 7 weeks out of hospital after a nasty bout of coronavirus. Body doing ok but head still not straight. Bad dreams.
Sorry to hear you had that nasty bug but glad your ok now. Some years ago I had a six week stay with sepsis, four weeks that I have no memory of. It took a long time to sort my head out, kept asking questions about my time in there, just couldn’t stop trying to put it all together. But in the end you will come through it.

Sorry to hear you had that nasty bug but glad your ok now. Some years ago I had a six week stay with sepsis, four weeks that I have no memory of. It took a long time to sort my head out, kept asking questions about my time in there, just couldn’t stop trying to put it all together. But in the end you will come through it.

Thanks - glad you did get through it. I have lots of support so I'll get there :)

Not sleeping all that well - around 6 hours a night, but it's more the waking early than anything else - as i'm working from home, and somewhat busy (NHS F&A support, mainly related to Procurement setups - so - frantically adding suppliers for various Covid-19 related aquisitions (my team have basically dealt with most of the new suppliers coming onboard for quite a number of the Nightingales...)) - so pretty much as I wake up it's check emails for urgents, fix them, then a quick walk for a hour or so, breakfast and into the home office from 8 till 6 or so... FInish up, get on the bike for a hour or so, then evening meal and try to unwind until its time to fall asleep and do it all again.

So, i'm not worrying about my job security at the moment, or, in fairness, monatary issues right now - though as soon as "relative normality" resumes, and I'm back in the office, spending a decent sum of money on having to run the car again, not doing overtime, and what I reckon will be some pretty tough "austerity measures" and inflation caused by a relatively lower supply from the number of manufactirung companies all round the world that will be mullered by whats happening now and for the next 6 months minimum - I can see that i'll be completely financially scuppered by this time next year, unless I can find a job outside the NHS, where "proper" wage rates might possibly be available...

Of course, that's presuming I don't end up yet another statistic, which is quite likely with my prior health issues I guess...

All I can do for the moment, is do all I can, in any small way, to help the organisation I'm proud to be a (small, relatively insignificant) part of.

Last edited:
Back