Wild How would you crop this landscape ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm quite pleased with this capture looking at the Cumbrian fells this weekend - i tried to use the trees to frame the view but can't decide how to crop the image to best effect, any ideas ?

Is the processing ok? - not normally used to processing landscapes.

The foreground is lacking any interest and It's all a bit square on.

In terms of cropping the shot you have - The window works and I can't see another way of cropping it any better.

Hi,

I'm quite pleased with this capture looking at the Cumbrian fells this weekend - i tried to use the trees to frame the view but can't decide how to crop the image to best effect, any ideas ?

Is the processing ok? - not normally used to processing landscapes.

Cropping IMVHO won't help.
There is for me just TOO much tree obscuring the top half of the picture.
Just my 2p's worth.

Thanks guys - was with the family so very limited time to experiment, just grabbed the scene as i saw it. It's an amazing part of the world where you could easily spend a full day on just a couple of locations taking pictures.

Super shot, super PP and I like both crops in different ways but if forced to choose I think I would stick with the original.

It's a shame there's not more of the foreground, because there's a nice curving S coming down the hillside and getting picked up by the small mound in the foreground that unites the scene beyond the wall with the foreground. It just doesn't have quite enough room to breath as a compositional element. Some of the branches at the top could have been sacrificed to make room for this.

It's a shame there's not more of the foreground, because there's a nice curving S coming down the hillside and getting picked up by the small mound in the foreground that unites the scene beyond the wall with the foreground. It just doesn't have quite enough room to breath as a compositional element. Some of the branches at the top could have been sacrificed to make room for this.

Wow - hadn't realised there was so much of a technical aspect to landscapes....it's certainly not my forte so thank for the wisdom.

Meant to say please recrop anyone who thinks it might work differently - i plan to get a print of this for the wall at home so have to decide which crop works best :)

I would not crop it. Fair bit of work involved, but I would try to lose that fence.

I'd be pleased with that too. The tangle of dead branches might not be ideal, and the gap to the edge of the frame on the right catches my eye, but it's a lovely shot. You could try cloning out the stone at the bottom. The processing looks OK to me.

Back