Howletts - Lemurs

Name
Matt Wright
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi here are a selection of images I took at the Lemur Walk through at the Howletts Wild Animal Park (there are a few more on Fickr) - a fathers day trip out (just a few months late uploading)!
As always I appreciate comments (both positive and negative)

Thanks is advanced

Matt

1 - Black and White Ruffed Lemur - Just chilling out in the trees
[url=https://flic.kr/p/21PgzLC]
Howletts - Black and White Ruffed Lemur-3 by Matt Wright, on Flickr[/URL]

2 Black and White Ruffed Lemur and pup (Love this - as it's different - shame the Lemur pup is slightly OOF)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/21Uf5DM]
Howletts -Black and White Ruffed Lemur-5 by Matt Wright, on Flickr[/URL]

3 Black and White Ruffed Lemur (really like the eye contact in this one)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/21UfaRk]
Howletts - Black and White Ruffed Lemur-1 by Matt Wright, on Flickr[/URL]

4 Red Bellied Lemur (love the colour in this image)

Howletts - Red-Bellied Lemur-6 by Matt Wright, on Flickr

5 Crowned Lemur (just think this one looks very cute)

Howletts - Crowned Lemur-1 by Matt Wright, on Flickr

6 Red Bellied Lemur

Howletts - Red-Bellied Lemur-3 by Matt Wright, on Flickr

7 Red Bellied Lemur (I liked this as it is portrait to make it a bit different)

Howletts - Red-Bellied Lemur-5 by Matt Wright, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely shots, but for me, spoiled by the huge watermark...Sorry.

Lovely shots, but for me, spoiled by the huge watermark...Sorry.
Thanks - Don't apologise re watermark - I'd rather know what people think. To be honest - the watermark is never anything I have thought too much about - it's not like it will ruin any printed images ;) (I can look at doing a smaller one next time I export).

Any specific you (dis)like about any on the images?

Thanks

Matt

Any specific you (dis)like about any on the images?
If I must find something, I would say give them a bit more space to breath or do not crop them so tight. Good photographs. Having said that I find it difficult to give "ticks" (likes) for captive animals. As an adult I have never been in a zoo, and do not intend to go to one either. Blah blah blah, I have no problem with animals being captive in order to save them from our human fellows making them extinct but not to go and watch them being behind a fence.

If I must find something, I would say give them a bit more space to breath or do not crop them so tight. Good photographs. Having said that I find it difficult to give "ticks" (likes) for captive animals. As an adult I have never been in a zoo, and do not intend to go to one either. Blah blah blah, I have no problem with animals being captive in order to save them from our human fellows making them extinct but not to go and watch them being behind a fence.

Thanks - appreciate the comment re not cropping so tight. I played around with a few of them - will certainly bear in mind next time.

Re zoo’s each to their own. I understand your view - Not sure why you would even read threads in this section if that’s how you feel. Like I say - everyone is entitled to their opinion - so it’s all good - I do appreciate the feedback.
Thanks

Matt

Not sure why you would even read threads in this section if that’s how you feel. Like I say - everyone is entitled to their opinion - so it’s all good - I do appreciate the feedback.
It is my two brain cells perhaps not functioning right. I rarely read a specific "section". I look at what are recent posts which show on the front page and then I read (as much or as little) from a thread that appears on the front page of the site. If you have posted the images in a section that was for captive animals or similar (I still have not checked) sincere apologies for the zoo related comments as that is unfair on you. I hope it helps a little :)

I don't mind the tight crops TBH.

1) I know how he feels

2) cute

3) yep That's exactly how they look at me too

5) love this one, its just a shame about the fore-ground, but as I always say, we have to play the cards we are dealt ;)

Nice set Matt (y)

real nice couple of captures there ... the watermark is more annoying than the pup being out of focus in the second though

Back