HP paper profiles - where or how can I get them for my PC?

Edit My Images
No
I work with Lightroom 3 (not for too long) and recently been trying (again) to print photos, I cannot find a HP paper profile for my HP paper (and printer) the correct HP driver is installed. I have searched around but cannot find them, a few months ago I tried to contact HP about this but found they couldnt help and/or couldnt understand my plight.
I also have a macbook air and the profiles appear on their automatically somehow and printings not bad, but cant understand why they are not on my PC, they are in the printer driver but I dont want to have the print managed by the printer, I tried it this way countless times but only get very poor results. I could carry on just from my macbook air but would prefer to print from my PC as its the main base I work from
Hope someone can help
Cheers
Paul

But I have them on my mac and on the PC printer driver? They seem to be embedded in the mac, no file address directly to it as I was hoping to copy it over. Ok if I cant get them, how would I get decent prints on my PC from Lightroom without it? As I said, I selected "managed by Printer" and went thru all the settings as finely as possible within the printer settings but it still never worked

did the profiles come with the printer?

what printer do you have?

what specfic HP paper are you using?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I assume they came with the driver software when it was updated last, yes it is a HP 460 wbt

Regarding the prints off my Mac, it was very heavy in black, even *** I have tricolor and photo cartridge, and also monito calibrator all in place, why is this?

If you have them on your Mac try copying to your PC

They should be in user/Library/Colorsync/Profiles. However they could be in other locations, so if they are not there use search to find them.

ok thanks I'll try that, I followed the address of the profile it gave me in the window of options but that lead to a dead end as they seemed embedded in something I could not access, but I'll try what you say, thanks

the profiles for the HP paper would most likley be with the software you install with the printer.

Profiles for HP papers were loaded with my B9180 software and appear in the drop down list in print settings.

Yes they are on the HP printer software (drop down menu), but I want to choose the profile in Lightroom (but I do not know where they are stored to direct LR to), instead of "Managed by Printer" which isnt the preffered method, I have tried that but it doesnt work either

ETA...I must say I think I might be on the right track soon ***, a few searches when I get home later and I hope I should be done, will update later)

Last edited:
I have searched both the PC (using search in the windows menu) and the mac (using spotlight) for one of the words within some of the profiles but none of them come up with anything, I have looked in the folder address you mention Chappers and all thats there are saved huey profiles from monitor calibration

Decided to go to hP.com to try and reinstall it, I found this, it may be reason I do not get the profiles..I have 64bit W7
"A full feature software and driver package for Windows 7 is not available for your product. However, the drivers for your HP product are already included in the new Windows 7 operating system! You do not need to download drivers to use the product.
With the basic driver, some of the buttons on the product do not function and some of the advanced product features are not available. However, using the workaround procedures in this document, you can still print from a software program. You can also import and view images on a memory card, if your product has a memory card slot."

Reckon this could be the reason?

Back