Huawei P30 Pro - Can't Buy It!

How's ownership of the P30 Pro going? I'm seeing a really bad set of Amazon reviews and it's making me nervous to order.
Personally, I can't fault it. Mine has no issues, and there's certainly nothing on it I can think of that I would change.

I'm still amazed at the camera performance in something 8mm thick! Had a few 5x7 prints done from it and they were excellent, even the one at 5x zoom. The bokeh effect can be a bit naff, but you can dial it down or not use it at all.

If turned on, the AI does an excellent job of recognising scenes, people, cars, etc, but can be a touch heavy-handed with the portrait skin effect, so I turn it off for people.

Battery life is excellent, and the 40w fast charge is pretty amazing. Considerably quicker than my wife's OnePlus 6 which I always thought was really fast.

I've had absolutely zero random reboots or freezing. It just works.

Me? I'm happy...... just waiting on the Huawei underwater case being released in time for our holiday. [emoji2]

Really amazing battery life, I'm seeing 25% used per average day. The curved edge screen took a bit of getting used to as I've not had one before, I still don't see the point of it but it's not a minus in any way. Wireless charging is excellent.

Just had a quick look at the phone I bought in Amazon. Fifteen reviews, seven one star - one for the wrong phone, one for a genuine issue that would see a replacement, one complaining that the sonos offer was fake? and four complaining that it's single sim not dual, that's down to Amazon listing it wrongly (now sorted).
The only three star review was because the phone is too big to fit the guy's pocket...

Been looking at these, and whilst I'm able to separate pointless reviews from useful ones, it still makes me twitch seeing it, especially for the price.

I notice they've turned on their 'no credit check' payment spreading option today.
Just had a quick look at the phone I bought in Amazon. Fifteen reviews, seven one star - one for the wrong phone, one for a genuine issue that would see a replacement, one complaining that the sonos offer was fake? and four complaining that it's single sim not dual, that's down to Amazon listing it wrongly (now sorted).
The only three star review was because the phone is too big to fit the guy's pocket...

I think it is actually dual SIM, only the nano memory slot is sacrificed for the second SIM.

I think it is actually dual SIM, only the nano memory slot is sacrificed for the second SIM.
No, the model no. Is different vog l09 is single sim, the l29 is dual. From what I read the dual sim version isn't available in the uk.

/edit vog l29 is available here in uk.

Last edited:
I understand what dual SIM is, but can't understand why there's so much attention being paid to it on Amazon. I figure even with dual SIM, you can use one slot as memory card, but can't be done with the single SIM UK version.
Still don't get the rationale for the demand.

That's a common Amazon seller trick, usually on chinesium products. Not just the reviews there though, you can buy both models on the same link

Any more photos to show us with the P30 Pro yet ? I've looked at lots of reviews and samples online but always nice to see what an owner with photography skills gets out of the thing.

No, the model no. Is different vog l09 is single sim, the l29 is dual. From what I read the dual sim version isn't available in the uk.

/edit vog l29 is available here in uk.
Ithink technically it's an EU version, at least the P20 is. I still got mine from Amazon UK.

I understand what dual SIM is, but can't understand why there's so much attention being paid to it on Amazon. I figure even with dual SIM, you can use one slot as memory card, but can't be done with the single SIM UK version.
Still don't get the rationale for the demand.

I have P20 pro with dual sim; basically sim 1 is my personal Three unlimited data, sim 2 is my work EE. Saves carrying 2 phones around while on site and on call, can disable sims when on personal leave, make and receive calls from both sims etc. Benefits from 2 different networks for "emergency" use when 1 is unavailable. etc

Last edited:
Applies to new products only I believe.

huawei.jpg

Back