Huli wigman of Papua New Guinea

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just returned from a photographic adventure in Papua New Guinea and thought I would share with you this image of the Huli Wigmen in a ceremonial dance.

Last edited:
Works well, I really like that, the OOF surround with the in focus eye contact is very good ... must have been a great trip :)

This is great
Is that a motion blur filter?
Whatever it is, I love it

Very Clever, cool photo love the colours and eye contact. The eye looks a bit muddy but I guess thats how the light was hitting it.

Fab !

Gaz

This is great
Is that a motion blur filter?
Whatever it is, I love it
Thank you. The subject was isolated using a large aperture then, in pp, I used some radial blur on the OOF parts to give the quasi zoom burst effect and hopefully to draw the eye right in to the sharp figure with the eye contact.

Very Clever, cool photo love the colours and eye contact. The eye looks a bit muddy but I guess thats how the light was hitting it.

Fab !

Gaz
Thank you. I think his eye may well have been rather muddy. It could be the effects of chewing betel nut of of smoking various 'herbs'!

The colours and the eye contact are really great but the fake blur looks atrocious.

I can't see what settings you used but a wide aperture lens should've done all you need with a subject like that.

The colours and the eye contact are really great but the fake blur looks atrocious.

I can't see what settings you used but a wide aperture lens should've done all you need with a subject like that.
Thanks for commenting. This is what it looked like without the added effect.

Last edited:
Excellent image. Radial blur works very well.

Do you know, usually I hate that sort of blur, but you've found a really good use for it - stunning image too. Thats an interesting look too, I bet you didn't sleep well after that stare!

Do you know, usually I hate that sort of blur, but you've found a really good use for it - stunning image too. Thats an interesting look too, I bet you didn't sleep well after that stare!
Thank you. I very rarely use these effects but, in this case, I did think it added something. The Huli men do tend to look aggressive but these were all content to be photographed. IMO it is the fixed stare that makes this image.

Back