Humber Bridge

Clicked through and viewed in Flickr... it was well worth it, love the image! Looks like some kind of sci fi movie still, really good stuff (y)

... yeah, like some kind of wormhole isn't it!

OP, you should try to post the image again as it deserves to be seen by the non-click thru masses ;)

thanks guys, Tony8 not sure what you mean in re posting?

Just use the code so it displays on page.
Agree with above comments, the underside lighting from the cloud formation has made an exceptional image.

Last edited:
Just use the code so it displays on page.
Agree with above comments, the underside lighting from the cloud formation has made an exceptional image.

I tried to do this for him but, it appears, he's not allowed any sharing from within Flickr :(

Yes but it doesn't work which is unusual unless the privacy settings or X rated settings on your account don't allow hotlinking!
It seems unusual because I can grab the image URL and view it direct in a browser frame.
Edit - Ah sharing is disabled..

Last edited:
surely that protects my image or does it in reality make no difference?

surely that protects my image or does it in reality make no difference?

Ironically, in it's present state anybody can download it (I've just tried). What you don't seem to be able to do is 'collect' the code so that you can display or integrate the image inside a Bulletin Board (Forum, like this).

I've put the bbcode in the thread, where do I change sharing then in flickr

John.... have a look at this. There are two tabs - Overview and Discussion. Seems that things have changed at Flickr - I think the problem is your Flickr though.

You should have have an option something like this at Flickr. You need the BBCode - you'll end up with more options about sizes ...

bb_share.jpg

Well, that's a complete mystery.... it was there in the preview but not in the final posting.

Perhaps a Mod can share some light. Sorry

cheers sag link, I hope they chuckles as loading images on here is becoming a huge frustration

I'm pretty sure we've had this problem before with certain images appearing in the preview/edit but not showing in the thread... i'll have a trawl through the staff-room archives and see if I can find the cause.

I've had a quick look at the code you've posted, and it appears to be fine...

Ah, found a possible cause... in this thread @Marcel say's its possibly a bug re: file sizes... what size of image were you trying to post from flickr @John wells ?

could you possibly re-try, but this time with the image size selected as the "large 1024x683"...

the medium and small have smaller dimensions but are too big at 1.2 and 1.3 meg

John

Cheers Mark.... it's really odd. The Preview thumbnail appears on the front page in the 'Recent Photo Threads' Window so the BBCode must be correct. After I tried to help John I added some photos from my own Flickr account - no problem at all.

What I find frustrating is John's photo is one in a thousand and deserves 'air time'! :)

stick with us guy's - theres a few of us in who've recalled the problem, and we're looking to see if we resolved it anywhere. Otherwise it's down to the man with the "forum spanners"...

It did transpire we'd found a bug in XenForo which I passed back to them and they released an update / fix.

Seems this image is giving the same error....

I'll look into it properly later and possibly get in contact with XenForo again
20383516775_85fc9a2b9e_c.jpg

What I've done, is downloaded the 1024 version from Flickr, opened it up in Photoshop and re-exported it at 100% quality. This brought the file size right down so I've uploaded it to the first post for you.

Infact, I've just noticed both files on my Desktop
150829_1204_p3smb.jpg

Notice how the original (Bottom) doesn't have an image size? I'm wondering if the JPG headers are corrupted somehow, that's why the XenForo Proxy isn't recognising it as an image?
Same reason why the Finder on my mac isn't recognising it as a proper image (As you can see with the dimensions missing)

Yet my resaved one is fine.

thanks marcel, now if we could have a simpletons guide as to how you did that i could get more work on here for others thoughts?....

Really impressive image, almost looks like lights are fitted on the underside of the bridge :)

Nice work John (y). Reminds me of my shots from a similar angle - far more interesting to get the underside rather than the traditional 'bridge' perspective view.

I would have a look at the horizon. It looks a little curved?

it is a similar Angle to yours if it's the one with the lighting to the side, it's been a though I've had for a few years to do this, it's not come out exactly how I wanted so will keep trying once I sort a new camera

Last edited:
Striking image... grabs your attention. I like it a lot. Makes a change from the usual views.

Looking at the full res version, quality isn't great though. Lots of artefacts, histogram damage (looks like excessive highlight recovery) and fringing from over processing.

Last edited:
A very dramatic image with a great moody sky, really like the bright centre. As most have already said nice to see the bridge from a different perspective.

Wow!
That is what I thought when I saw it.
Gret photograph, I absolutely love it. Well done.

Back