Hurrimania!

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Well this year we've been a bit spoilt with Hurricanes, with 3 now based at Old Warden! Here is a selection from this season... Hope you enjoy, crit welcome :)

1) Debut of the trio of Old Warden based Hurricanes at their June evening show..
Did Someone Say Hurricane?! by Harry Measures, on Flickr

2) Also P3717's first public display
P3717 by Harry Measures, on Flickr

3) The beautiful French hurricane is back on the circuit following a landing accident a couple of years ago
Hurricane Scramble by Harry Measures, on Flickr

4) 5 Hurricanes for Flying Legends!
5 Hurricanes by Harry Measures, on Flickr

5) The Balbo
Balbo by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Great set but especially the last which is fab :runaway:

^^^^ Agreed

On every shot bar the last one you have clipped the main image which technically is a real mistake, however, I like them all so two fingers to the "rules", :)
Matt

Lovely set. Not to echo others but the last two, especially the last one, really outstanding. My first reaction was same as MatBin's, that the subject had been cropped or composed into, but in a good way. I thought I probably wouldn't have done that, but more fool me because it really works. In 3 I might try to make the aircraft stand out a little more, the trees a little less, but a delicate balance as you need the trees for the speed and energy of take-off.

Really like these.

Great set but especially the last which is fab :runaway:

Thank you - I am very happy with the last one, bit of planning to nail it!

^^^^ Agreed

Cheers.

A really strong set of high quality and fascinating images (y)

Thank you.

The last two are outstanding.

Cheers - was happy to just get all 5 in the shot!

Brilliant photos, I like every single one of those!

Thank you, glaf you enjoyed them!

On every shot bar the last one you have clipped the main image which technically is a real mistake, however, I like them all so two fingers to the "rules", :)
Matt

Lovely set. Not to echo others but the last two, especially the last one, really outstanding. My first reaction was same as MatBin's, that the subject had been cropped or composed into, but in a good way. I thought I probably wouldn't have done that, but more fool me because it really works. In 3 I might try to make the aircraft stand out a little more, the trees a little less, but a delicate balance as you need the trees for the speed and energy of take-off.

Really like these.

Thanks both - It is somewhat amusing that you should both mention the tight framing. In most of these images (well, 1, 2 & 3) it is due to the fact I'm shooting with a 500mm prime, so no zooming out with me. I like the extra details you can pick out with a closer crop. Regarding the editing on 3, yes, probably need to make the aircraft pop a bit more!

Thanks for all the comments guys... While we're at it, here's another Hawker Legend!

6)
RNHF Sea Fury T.20 by Harry Measures, on Flickr

7)

8)
RNHF Sea Fury T.20/Chirs Gotke by Harry Measures, on Flickr

9)

Thanks again,

Harry.

Some lovely pics there, different composition to many, but all the better for it. :)

All great work. Particularly like last and first of the Hurricanes.
And #9

Back