I followed some bees around the garden

I wish you lads would put techs. gear used up here :p show and tell and nice shot are ok, but sometimes ya want some detail on how images were made 'cause they are inspiring

Chris, simply, I think the above is a banging set of images 4 or 8 for me bit more info on the side.

it's like being at a honey bee take away huh?:D

My apologies - I usually do mention what I used - and I didn't .:canon:

I was using my Canon 1dx2 with a Canon 100mm f2.8 IS L Macro and a Godox AD400 flash set to HSS to let me keep my aperture as narrow as possible being around f16. Shutter speed varied a bit as I was playing around trying to capture wing movement. Didn't quite nail it as I wanted - but it's not far off. I had the camera in one hand and the flash in the other - not sure how I managed it but I did :LOL:

thanks very kind.............. mate that's, very impressive I also shoot with a DXii and the 100mm macro, no mean feat holding that one handed !!

thanks very kind.............. mate that's, very impressive I also shoot with a DXii and the 100mm macro, no mean feat holding that one handed !!
I use an op tech wrist strap - that gives me a bit more confidence if I were to drop it :) but haven’t yet. Still need a lot more practice though

Cheers, great little tip, i've not yet sorted straps for smaller lens,but already use optech ,i'll have a dig. I seem to want the camera in my hand when shooting butterflies big straps get in the way, this might be really useful for me (y)

Outstanding set. I really like the way you’ve caught the wing blur...what people aim to get with a helicopter and rotor blur.

Outstanding set. I really like the way you’ve caught the wing blur...what people aim to get with a helicopter and rotor blur.
It’s not quite as good as I’d have liked - but when it comes to nature work I’m very much a beginner. But thanks very much for your kind words.

It’s not quite as good as I’d have liked - but when it comes to nature work I’m very much a beginner. But thanks very much for your kind words.

I think you’re selling yourself short,Chris. I’m sure experienced photographers on here would be delighted to achieve this quality. I’m not familiar with the work by Peter and Steve but I am with Stu’s and if he says,as he does, that it’s a ‘banging set of images’ ,then it is.... :)

Well that's the first time I've heard them described as 'banging' so that must be a good thing :LOL: Thanks all for your kind words - it's appreciated!

Ha builder talking Chris, sorry mate i'm about as sophisticated as a fence post, it is good !!

Meh I could have said nice shot but then we all wouldn't be smiling. Can't take any credit for it though just me being me :D

Ha builder talking Chris, sorry mate i'm about as sophisticated as a fence post, it is good !!

Meh I could have said nice shot but then we all wouldn't be smiling. Can't take any credit for it though just me being me :D
My fence posts are quite sophisticated - they’re painted green. Classy.

Back