I got that horrible feeling of being watched

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
First trip to the New Forest to see if i could find the Sika Deer , and as they seem to stay in the ferns it's not a easy one to do . Well after disturbing these hinds and fawns i was able to get some pics as they seem to not run to far, then have a good look at you before wandering of. The plan was to find some Stags but after wondering around for six miles no such luck and decided to call it a day . Bonus of the walk was a cast antler from a mature Sika stag it's about 20" so a nice little find. Managed to get a shot of a Stag from RSPB Arne from the other week ,not the best of shots as i could not get above the vegetation to get a clear shot. I will venture down to the NF again as Arne is just to far to go, and persist with the Sika's and see if i can find those stag's as i do think they are quite impressive and make a good pic.

Sika Deer by John, on Flickr

Sika Stag by John, on Flickr

I never new the New Forest had Sika , I like your photos , I love Deer . Please post a photo of your Antler , always feel so privileged to find such things myself .

These are the shed antlers I have found over the last couple of months ,never came across any before . The fallow are from my local area and found when looking for badger setts.IMG_20200827_205333.jpg

Back