I got upgraded to 1.1 Meg/s BB today

Edit My Images
Yes
i was on the original 512k BB with BT and Freeserve, ( now Wanadoo ) , that got me unlimited upload/download for £27.99 a month then i got an offer to upgrade yesterday for £20,

this gives me 1.1meg service with a limit of 2 gig ( can have 6 or 30 gig for different prices to ) for £17.99, well to be honest the only thing i send or receive now and again are my pix, so shouldnt be a problem, i dont do music or vids or games .

they told me it would be up to 10 days to activate, got home tonight ( 24 hours later ) and hey presto, i am connected at 1.1 meg :D

MP 8)

cool!

I got an email from my SP telling me to expect faster speeds soon too. unfortunately the price isnt going down, and as we are in the middle of nowhere we cant get phone line BB so we are stuck with wireless!

I spotted this some months ago now maybe as long as 6 months ago on wanadoo web site (pays to check every now and then). So I rang and queried this. They explained that because it was new at that time they hadn’t had a chance to let existing customers no yet, I played holy hell with them, I have been subscribing to freeserve for 5 years or so now and they were charging me £27.99 for half the speed of the £17.99 package.
Then they had the cheek to charge me for 2 months in the first.
Ps. I also got another modem and filters, told them my old one was falling apart.

Wow, I just upgraded to 2.2 megs, and a funny story too.

I got an email from pipex saying i would be upgraded from 512 to 1mb at no extra charge, so i was well chuffed. But a few days later, I got another email saying BT had told them my line wasn't up to it, so i couldn't get the upgrade after all. I fizzed for a couple of days, then sat back and accepted that what i had was good enough.

Today I had an email to say that it was a mistake and i *would* be upgraded. When i looked at my speed i was expecting to see 1mb, so you can imagine how chuffed i was to see 2.2Mb

:p

Hmmmmmmm :(

All this talk of faster service for no extra cost is annoying me, i'm with eclipse on their 1/2 meg service and it's more expensive than some people are paying for a meg connection.

I can feel a grumble'o'gram coming on.

im with the Digislacker on this, i have a 1mb connection thats not that quick and more than anyone else pays, cos im in the middle of nowhere the wireless BB company that i use have me over a barrel...with my pants down....and im biting a leather wallet....

EosD said:
im with the Digislacker on this, i have a 1mb connection thats not that quick and more than anyone else pays, cos im in the middle of nowhere the wireless BB company that i use have me over a barrel...with my pants down....and im biting a leather wallet....

did u take a picture ???

we would all like to see that , lol
MP 8)

Back