Critique I hate drinking alone...

D

Dinsdale

Well, I had a day off work to do visit somewhere but my plans went to pot. So, sitting at home bored out of my tiny I had another shot at a "multi-me" only this time I thought I'd pour myself a drink whilst doing it. Hopefully this will amuse and confuse.

Drinking Alone
by RWalton65, on Flickr

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this. Does the bozo in the background detract from it?
Thanks for looking. (y)

I love these, I mean, I know there so corny but they always make me smile. I think you've done a good job on this one the pouring the wine must have been a bit tricky. Well done

This is amusing Richard, but it works for me.(y)

George.

I'm a bit worried about the lack of railings on the staircase. With all that wine you could have an accident!:):):)

Cheers!
An improvement on the last one- the change of clothes and not having two copies of the Radio Times :)
Well executed with the glass being filled and held. The eye contact is very good.

Cheers!
An improvement on the last one- the change of clothes and not having two copies of the Radio Times :)
Well executed with the glass being filled and held. The eye contact is very good.

Thanks. There were some minor irritations in the first one but I took the advice given and hopefully nailed it with this one. :)

I'm a bit worried about the lack of railings on the staircase. With all that wine you could have an accident!:):):)

Y'know... those railings haven't been there for the best part of 25 years and we've never had anyone fall. It must be the wine! :beer:

I prefer the first version too.
On the second because you are wearing different clothes and also removed your glasses, it makes it look like a bit like brothers rather than multiple you.
Well executed though :)

very good. I like the way you're filling the glass. Easy when you are a triplet I guess :)

No I definitely prefer the first, with the photobomber in the BG.
That wine poor had to be tricky!

Brilliant!
How is this done?
The wine glass was blue tacked on top of a light stand. It had to remain in the same spot. I held the empty glass for the right hand me. Then leaving the glass fixed to the stand, poured the wine into it. Then I used an empty shot to clone out the light stand. Then drank the wine :)

I prefer first though the bozo looks a little distorted. But that could be all the drink he's had ;)

I think the second one would be the best, if you "both" wore the same clothes and the left you, lost the glasses to keep the eye contact.

First version but disappointed you didn't photoshop yourself into the photos on the wall... ;-)

I think the second one would be the best, if you "both" wore the same clothes and the left you, lost the glasses to keep the eye contact.
Yeah I did one previously with five clones in it all dressed the same. Someone gave me some very good advice and advised me to wear different clothes. The removal of the glasses fell into that vein.

The filling and subsequent emptying of the glass was a WHOLE different story. Took me many many attempts that bit!

Superb photo. definitely the original for me. good to know how you poured the wine (a fave of mine). Another fave of mine are lindt chocs. is that what you have in the white basket by any chance? I have a sneaky feeling they could be mmmmm yum if so, if not why not ;).

The wine glass was blue tacked on top of a light stand. It had to remain in the same spot. I held the empty glass for the right hand me. Then leaving the glass fixed to the stand, poured the wine into it. Then I used an empty shot to clone out the light stand. Then drank the wine :)
is the rest done in Photoshop? Or is it a multiple exposure in camera?

is the rest done in Photoshop? Or is it a multiple exposure in camera?
Yes its all done in Photoshop. You take as many shots as you need then copy them in layers before carefully masking out the bits you don't want to see.

Superb photo. definitely the original for me. good to know how you poured the wine (a fave of mine). Another fave of mine are lindt chocs. is that what you have in the white basket by any chance? I have a sneaky feeling they could be mmmmm yum if so, if not why not ;).
Yes there are a number of Lindt choccies in there. Plus some other lower quality nibbles left over from Easter.

Thats pretty darn funny :D
I prefer the one with the bozo in ;)

well thought out and executed ... the pouring wine into a glass is brilliant and really connects those two characters

I love this. Great idea and again, the pouring of the wine really works for me too. Even the "bozo" in the background ;)
Nice work my friend :)

Back