i have no idea how to fix this!

Name
deb
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, I took this photo lastnight of my daughters karate team, it wasn't till I got home that I realised the trophies are sticking out past the background, is there any way I can fix this? I cant believe I didn't check them at the time.......I feel like a proper idiot!

View attachment 43953

yes it is but its all I have and I thought I was somehow going to be able to fix it lol

How about photoshop / affinity photo to paint over or clone the background to get rid of the unwanted bits?

If you are very patient and with a bit of careful use of refine edge you might be able to select the team in PS and copy it to a new background, but it will be a fiddle to say the least

In all honesty, I would see if you could reshoot it. I think there's too much to do to it to try to make it right, and even then, I'm not convinced you'll be able to achieve the results you're looking for. I'm sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. I bet you're absolutely gutted.

I agree with Bethy, it needs reshot. It's out of focus as well. I can't see any exif so I can't give any advice on settings etc.

If you do manage to reshoot it, try getting down lower as well, say at the same level as the boy wearing glasses.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I can't reshoot it, I'm really gutted

It'll take a bit of work but should be doable in Photoshop. Have a look at the phlearn channel on YouTube and watch some episodes on cutting out backgrounds.

Is this a phone pic of the setup or the actual photo itself?

It would take less than 10 minutes to mask around the trophies. Then replace the background.

It would take less than 10 minutes to mask around the trophies. Then replace the background.
...but, it would look terrible :(

The original image, if it is the actual image captured, falls down on a number of levels, not least the light and detail on the subjects themselves.

Maybe I'm digressing but this really needs a re shoot.

I'm not sure why the lighting kit doesn't appear to have been utilised either, which made me ask earlier if it was a setup shot or the shot itself.

...but, it would look terrible :(
Sure. But if no reshoot is possible, fixing the background is not problematic. As per the OP request. The background would then be as good as you'd need it.

Last edited:
Thanks guy's, lessons have been learned, it's been sorted now and next time I will do it very differently lol

I extended the background and cloned it around the trophies....... It was the best I could do

It improved it enough, then the person I took it for touched it up before using it....thank god lol

For removing background you can use Photoshop, i think this can be fix your problem.

Back