I haven't photographed flowers much but...

Defiance

Green and Hairy
Edit My Images
Yes
They are all well exposed and the detail is excellent.

In #1 I would have gone more for focussing on the petals.

In #2 I would have cropped it so that the flower was more central and in #3 would probably have tried a frontal view as well as the view you have because in that view the B/G is a bit distracting.

In #3 again I would crop it to cut out some of the distraction and use a blur brush to minimise the B/G that is left.

They are lovely. I have upgraded to d7200 but have the same lens. My photos aren’t that good. I think I need to practise more!

They are all well exposed and the detail is excellent.

In #1 I would have gone more for focussing on the petals.

In #2 I would have cropped it so that the flower was more central and in #3 would probably have tried a frontal view as well as the view you have because in that view the B/G is a bit distracting.

In #3 again I would crop it to cut out some of the distraction and use a blur brush to minimise the B/G that is left.

Thank you for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

I've tried the crop and blur on #3 and the crop works better. My lightroom skills are not sharp enough yet to get the blur good enough to show it here, however it works well.

For #2, I've cropped it tighter and centred the flower more and it's below:

Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory Plants and Flowers
by Rob in Essex, on Flickr

#2 imho is great

Thank you, very kind and appreciated (y)

They are lovely. I have upgraded to d7200 but have the same lens. My photos aren’t that good. I think I need to practise more!

Thank you, also very kind and appreciated (y) My photos can be very hit and miss. I've learnt a lot about using the 18-200 and you can get some great depth of field with it, even without the low f stop. On the day I took these, I wasn't worrying about too much and just went for it though and enjoyed what I was photographing :)

Thank you, very kind and appreciated (y)

Thank you, also very kind and appreciated (y) My photos can be very hit and miss. I've learnt a lot about using the 18-200 and you can get some great depth of field with it, even without the low f stop. On the day I took these, I wasn't worrying about too much and just went for it though and enjoyed what I was photographing :)

And that's the best way to photograph!

Later on as you learn more about PP you will get even better, but never stop enjoying it.

Back