I kind of get it now

Name
Justyn
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been mulling over for about a year about how to print my images, in the end decided not to buy a photo printer and to try seeing how my photos looked on paper by sending them to a lab.
I sent off about 40 of my best images to SIMLab to print on Monday, I tried a few Baryta, Rag and Metallic, but most were just on standard paper and they were delivered on Tuesday.

My god they look good!!! To the point it surprises me and I do wonder if I actually need to upgrade my X-T1....

Next steps are take more good compositions and then print them (oh and show someone)

57531981828__DBDD48D6-B56D-45EB-8C60-5C665232B1B7.JPG

Photos should be printed. One of the big advantages of printing a photo is that you cannot pixel-peep the print and you have to look at the picture at its best. Most of the camera/lens defects that people on forums worry about will disappear.

I agree, I'm also hoping my daughter might start to take her photography more seriously if she can see an end product.

:agree: - holding the phsyical result of my work is the best part. And the X-T1 is perfectly capable when coupled with a decent lens. I regularly print to 13x19 (and occasionally A2) from an X-T1 and 16mm combo.

Nice collection of images too :)

in the end decided not to buy a photo printer
I'm convinced that this is the right choice ecologically, despite any other arguments, some of which are to do with supposed convenience but none as far as I know to do with quality.

Carry on and have fun. We all have an environmental impact as photographers - we use energy & produce waste, some more than others ;-).

My notion is that a lab is more efficient in these respects than everyone having their own printer. Against the popular consumerist grain, maybe, but it needs to be said.

Back