i think ive an idea!

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
there is so much on here with regards to "how can i get my print to look like what i see on screen"there has been alot of replys with regards to buying software to sort out your monitor.how about just printing of a pic,setting it beside your screen and adjusting the screen to suit.am i being silly or could this work(as a cheap alternative)

What you are talking about is a closed loop - which is fine if you only ever print files from that printer - but if the printer does an "auto correct"...

And then - what happens if you send it somewhere else to print - or even look at it on another computer?

Screen calibration is as important as the camera or lens. Then, if you print yourself, print calibration is almost important.

Most monitors are far too bright and too cold - so if you adjust what you think is a light and cold file - it's probably perfect - and then you are throwing away too much data...

Why not scan a magazine or book image and then use that - or is that too simplistic again.

Why not scan a magazine or book image and then use that - or is that too simplistic again.

ANd how do you know the scan is right?

http://www.samsphotolab.com/roesbitsandbobs/PDI_Target-DCP-small.jpg

The image above is a standard file - we use it - and anyone getting prints from our lab get a paper print with their first order.

Them if you really have to go without a monitor profiler adjust the screen to match the print - if you have good daylight to illumiate the print.

Then make a print from the file and adjust to match the screen

Back