I tried....

thanks for the tips... new to all of these so still a bit on the learning curve but thanks a lot and will try..

You may be able rescue it a bit in PP but it's handy to always have a pop up reflector with you when doing this kind of stuff. I use a triflector.

A pop of off camera flash would be better and it's more directional so you can create your own lighting effect and style.

Much the same as other comments really, nice expression with some lovely soft tones. In this case I think a reflector would be best as even a small bit of fill flash can (but not always) spoil the soft lighting. I too would clone out those twigs etc to the left of the frame.(y)

George.

I use a little ezybox speedlight thingy. I have my flash with the diffuser cap on and then the softbox whatsit has 2 diffusion panels so it won't kill the soft tones. (or at least it shouldn't). I do like my triflector though. Very simple to use and i can bounce a bit of soft silver light in there if i wish with the opposite side. It's all about trial and error.

Start out with nothing then build on it by adding a reflector, then a flash, then even the flash through the reflector... See what works for you and what doesn't then build on it.

Cheers.

thanks for all your comments guys, as I've said I'm new to all of these and these was my first time i tried to do portraits.... I don't even know and understand the terms you are using on your comments... i guess i just have to explore more... but i will be sponge and suck itall up...lol.. it was a bit of a gloomy day and just used the natural light available...

Last edited:
Back