I went to see a Sandhill Crane.

sk66

Advertiser
Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
I spent way too much time editing this image in Photoshop.
Spent a fair bit of time with the healing brush removing dirt/specks from some of the feathers.
I did frequency separation for the soft focus with details effect, but I used a high pass layer for the details (instead of apply image/subtraction).
I also did a single layer HDR tone mapping type adjustment.
My goal in all of this was to maximize the subtle toning in the feathers while retaining enough detail/texture.
I think it worked...

Sandhill Crane
by Steven Kersting, on Flickr

Last edited:
It did indeed work Steven, most impressive ... especially when viewed larger on Flickr, where the fine detail really shows. :clap:

yep really nice

I spent way too much time editing this image in Photoshop.
Spent a fair bit of time with the healing brush removing dirt/specks from some of the feathers.
I did frequency separation for the soft focus with details effect, but I used a high pass layer for the details (instead of apply image/subtraction).
I also did a single layer HDR tone mapping type adjustment.
My goal in all of this was to maximize the subtle toning in the feathers while retaining enough detail/texture.
I think it worked...

Sandhill Crane
by Steven Kersting, on Flickr

.... worth the effort, thanks. :clap:

blimey thats stunning, I really need to up my auto levels and crop game.

Hmmmm Envious. A fabulous shot with super detail.
If i new how to do HALF of the photoshop work you have done on this shot, I would be mega pleased.

Blimey Steve, you lost me on the technical explanation, but hooked me on the sublime result and quality of the image.

Stunning image, didn’t understand the technical bit though.....:thinking:

The end result was worth the effort. Stunning.

I've not a clue about the technical information, but what ever you did has produced a gorgeous image......…….nice.

Back