Ian

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Ian is my mate he's a gardener hence is attire. Not sure of the brand of hat but it cost a small fortune and come with a lifetime guarentee, of which he as already claimed on.
Anyhow I digress. We took a trip out to the Garden wholesalers on Monday.
Whilst traveling there we were having a bit of a laugh regarding his sideburns and the attention they attract. I must have been feeling brave as I suggested we take his portait later when back home.
By then I must admit I had lost my confidence but just as I were leaving Ian said what about my photo "Oh yer I forgot about" :-( So we did take some photos.
He knows i'm not confident so assume he knew what he were doing.

Gaz

All feedback comments are more than welcome.

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3826_email_size.jpg

Last edited:
Gaz,

You are getting very good with OCF, Very nice lighting on all.

What background are you using, sorry if I have asked the same question before.

Thanks

they are called tilley hats.i think there are stories of elaphants eating them and still returning intact

Yep a tilley hat canadian manufacture come in lots of differing weights great hats , have a summer and winter one. Nice use of light.

Very nice Gaz. Number 3, for me, is the pick of the bunch due to the lighting and pose.

Can't comment on the hat, sorry to take it off topic...!!

Gaz,

You are getting very good with OCF, Very nice lighting on all.

What background are you using, sorry if I have asked the same question before.

Thanks
Thanks Kev. Thats good to hear. I can't remember wether you asked before then again I often forget what I did yesterday :) I use a grey roller blind.

Gaz

they are called tilley hats.i think there are stories of elaphants eating them and still returning intact
Thanks Baz. He wont come accross any Eflants in Manchester but he as wore one out and had it replaced free of charge.

Gaz
Yep a tilley hat canadian manufacture come in lots of differing weights great hats , have a summer and winter one. Nice use of light.
Thanks Ed.
Really happy the lighting is ok.
Very nice Gaz. Number 3, for me, is the pick of the bunch due to the lighting and pose.

Can't comment on the hat, sorry to take it off topic...!!
Ha thanks for bringing us back onto topic :)
Thanks for the feedback realy does mean a lot. Yes I like the darker moody ones but couldnt decide on a fav. I have added another since you posted as he as a slight smirk.

Gaz
Great set gaz
Cheers Craig. Many thanks for the lighting help in previous posts :)

Gaz

Gaz, thanks .

Any links to the blind you used.

They're all good, but the first one is my favourite - mainly 'cos it looks as though the smile is the real Ian.

I like #5 a lot too but there's a weird thing going on with his right eye. Semi-profile portraits where I can't see the whole eye sometimes - but not always - look a bit odd to me, almost as if there is nothing keeping the eye in their head if that makes sense?

They're all good, but the first one is my favourite - mainly 'cos it looks as though the smile is the real Ian.

I like #5 a lot too but there's a weird thing going on with his right eye. Semi-profile portraits where I can't see the whole eye sometimes - but not always - look a bit odd to me, almost as if there is nothing keeping the eye in their head if that makes sense?
Yes 1st is a fav of mine too. I liked that smile very cheeky n genuine. A dennis quaid some how.then again that could be just in my head.
Makes perfect sense re the eye socket.
Thanks for stopping by and helping me improve.

Gaz

all of which should be jettisoned if they get in the way of a great shot.
Thanks Simon.

I must agree that learning to use the camera plus the lighting and at the same time trying to converse with the subject is most difficult. I am pretty sure I will fluff many a shot due to the cheekbone thingy and eye socket jobby.
Thats a good mantra to go by though :)
Gaz

Back