weekly IanD's 52 For 2018 (Week 11 - Wet)

52W2018 Peoples.jpg It was definitely getting the better of me and I kept staring at it - was in a rush to go out and should have edited better - white balance tweaked folks

You don't need someone else to mention WB :), different take on the theme and that's quite some breakfast, well put together.

HI Ian

Nice original idea for people the only issue I have is the white balance (I don't think anyone hasn't mentioned that :rolleyes:)

Now that's a full English breakfast... Clever idea, and I haven't heard of the upcoming divorce of Ant and Lisa yes :)

Prefer the breakfast to the people to be honest, it does take long to look at the photos inside and there's nowt to read in it, (same for a lot of papers these days)

Should I mention the white balance, perhaps not.

Pete

Hi Ian ....I thought the first one had a nice warm glow :)
Sorry I’m late hopping in but better late than never ....you’ve captured a brilliant expression on the dogs face, he looks a real beauty and very wistful!
Good thinking with The People, that breakfast Is distracting though .... you can’t beat a fry up.

People ... nothing like a different take .... full marks for that, but that OOF Full English is a bit much. Of course the newspaper is the subject, but just wondering if the focus on the fryup would work better.

People ... nothing like a different take .... full marks for that, but that OOF Full English is a bit much. Of course the newspaper is the subject, but just wondering if the focus on the fryup would work better.

That was really bothering me too David, but like you say, was all about the newspaper

good thinking for a different take on the theme. just needed tweeking

Colour for me I think though it’s hard to choose could maybe have done with a flatter sky

I'd usually go B&W but in this case I think I would go with the colour version as the tree stands out more from the sky

B&W and add a bit more oomph to the sky :)

B&W and add a bit more oomph to the sky :)

That's what I wanted to do (in Lightroom) but couldn't figure out how. If I pulled the shadows back, increased black, changed exposure, then it would also affect the tree and lose it's detail

Thanks folks - think I might revisit it when I get home and add some contrast then

Colour looks best, but if you can get more out of the sky in the B&W it would fit the theme nicely

much better, more contrasty and PS, you cannot half cook a breakfast, or was that a plate to share :)

Prefer the B&W Ian, better in the second version. Colour version is good but it's the shape that makes it stand out starkly against the sky. (y)

I like colour but your 2nd B&W works a treat for the theme. (y)

Having seen the second b&w image Ian that is the pick of the three the tree really grabs your attention

Back