weekly IanD's 52 Week 2019 Walk Of Shame - Week 26 - Drink

I wish there was a cat version of this sign so that I could put it in my garden veg patches. Although then I'd have to teach next door's cat to read it.

Well spotted and taken. Meets the theme well and I like the image.

Well spotted, Ian and I need one too. Too many irresponsible dog owners around my area.

Thanks Stan - i'm sure they are available at all reputable pet stores :)

I own a dog and always pick up after her as should every dog owner, so I could also do with one of them so well spotted and a good fun shot.

Thanks Dave. I think most do pick up mate, but the few that don't really spoilt it for the rest

Such a shame that things like this are needed...
Works for the theme, but not an image I particularly like :/ for what it says about society.

Thanks Tim. It's the world we live in eh :(

Bit of a crap shot but I like it :D

Ha ha. Cheers Dave

Interesting object well captured

Thanks Allan. I was looking for an 'objecting' subject to try and be different

Hopefully that sign 'de-turd' (deterred) any wrong-doers!:LOL:
Blimey....sorry about that!!:facepalm:

Great shot, lots of detail, very nice colours and good use of DoF to accentuate the....message!!;)
Nicely done Ian.(y)

Thanks Gareth - good work on the pun :)

Nice object there, well taken, with nice colour and dof.

Thanks Michael

Something a bit different! Well spotted, the colours are magnificent:)

Thank you very much

And so they should OBJECT!! Well spotted, a good idea for the theme.

Thank you Bob
I object too. Nice spot!

Thanks Dom

I wish there was a cat version of this sign so that I could put it in my garden veg patches. Although then I'd have to teach next door's cat to read it.

Well spotted and taken. Meets the theme well and I like the image.

Thanks Carl - Cats are clever so you never know ;)

Such a shame that irresponsible dog owners create the need for this, but it's a good find and your use of shallow DOF helps it to stand out well from its setting (y)

Thank you Andrea

Object
Well seen. It's a little bit central, but has good colours.

Thanks Dominic. I thought i'd pulled it just enough to the right to be off-centre, but you got me there ;)

Nice take on the theme Ian well spotted

Thanks very much Mark

I like that, lovely reflection.

Object, great subject (we need a few of those round our way!)

Wet, fantastic, really like this one, great reflection and colours

So, i've really struggled again this week. Work commitments and lack of mojo have struck.

This is really so far out of my comfort zone but I had to get something on the board before tomorrow.

I don't do this type of photography, don't really have the equipment to stage things well and i'm not very happy with the image, but there you go.

Next week, I must try harder
52W2019 - Free by ***tuttifrutti***, on Flickr

Colours are really good and the BG is good I would lose the glass I do do this type of shot now and again and would have supported them in something else and maybe included more of the stem made the image portrait as it were. Its a good effort though and it’s always good I think to get out of your comfort zone now and again

I agree with Allan about the glass - otherwise it's a fine shot!

Free week
Good colours, I like the one tulip with the missing petals. The background is really quite nice and had good light on it.
You could have just laid the tulips down on a background the same as the one you have used and then shot straight down. This makes composition a bit easier, as you can mess around, trying different things.

Not in your comfort zone you say?...well don't fight it Ian, you clearly have a knack....it's a cracker!:clap:
The colours are excellent, and while I can see what the others mean about the glass, it's still a first class, well composed and detailed still life image.
Very nicely done Ian!(y)

Think you are selling yourself short there, love the image. Great detail and colours. Keep going I like it !

Wet - Lovely details and a great reflection

Free - Great lighting and colours, textures and detail I would agree about losing the glass though as it is a little distracting. Still a cracking image.

I like that, lovely reflection.

Many thanks Rick. Was quite please with it for a last minute trolly dash :)

Great image for wet Ian, love the lighting and also a great reflection.

Thanks Dave. I was reasonably happy although there were lights down in front of the stream reflecting back on the building, which bleached the white paintwork a bit too much

What a great image, love the warm colours and the reflection.

Thanks very much Ian

I agree nice reflection

Thank you Allan

What a fantastic image!
The reflections are perfect, and the deep, rich colours are tremendous!
The composition is excellent, and I love the starburst effect from the stopped down aperture....always looks cool on night shots!
Great work Ian!(y)

Thanks very much Gareth. I'm learning all the time. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks

Nice reflection and balance of exposure there

Thank you Michael

Object, great subject (we need a few of those round our way!)

Wet, fantastic, really like this one, great reflection and colours

Thanks very much Jim. I think the signs are pointless where I leave, as the dogs can't read ;)

Looks like a great place Ian, and you've done a top job of capturing it. That reflections is awesome!

Thanks Carl. It's actually a bar and restaurant now. Nice character to it though

Very nice exposure to capture that nice soft reflection. Spot on (y)

Thanks Lee. I tried a few different apertures to get what I thought was the best at the time.

WET - Great shot with the reflection. Well done on that one.

Thank you Bob

Object is certainly a perfect for the theme ... its one thing I think we all definitely Object to.
Wet is a super image the reflection is fabulous, composition is spot on too.

Many thanks Susie

Great picture, stunning colours

Thanks Mark

Colours are really good and the BG is good I would lose the glass I do do this type of shot now and again and would have supported them in something else and maybe included more of the stem made the image portrait as it were. Its a good effort though and it’s always good I think to get out of your comfort zone now and again

Thanks Alaan and totally agree. The background is just a bit of dark card. Maybe I need t think about lightboxes one day. Agree about the glass now, and also about longer stems

Love the colours, amazing. The set up and the lighting is awesome too.

Thank you Carl

I agree with Allan about the glass - otherwise it's a fine shot!

Thank you Dave

Free week
Good colours, I like the one tulip with the missing petals. The background is really quite nice and had good light on it.
You could have just laid the tulips down on a background the same as the one you have used and then shot straight down. This makes composition a bit easier, as you can mess around, trying different things.

Thanks Dom. I was looking for ways to view the flowers and didn't think of that angle. I had them laying on the card at one point, BUT I was looking straight on and there was a large shadow being cast onto the card. Didn't think of shooting down so may investigate :)

Great shot and as been said, it is good to get out of our comfort zone.

Thanks very much Dave

Not in your comfort zone you say?...well don't fight it Ian, you clearly have a knack....it's a cracker!:clap:
The colours are excellent, and while I can see what the others mean about the glass, it's still a first class, well composed and detailed still life image.
Very nicely done Ian!(y)

Thanks so much Gareth. I'm loving the positive feedback from everyone

Think you are selling yourself short there, love the image. Great detail and colours. Keep going I like it !

Thanks Chenti

Wet - Lovely details and a great reflection

Free - Great lighting and colours, textures and detail I would agree about losing the glass though as it is a little distracting. Still a cracking image.

Many thanks Mark

Very nice flower shot that. I agree with others about the glass. Maybe a vase that blends into the BG more or just have the stems? Great colours and detail. I'd say you were well within your zone there Ian.

Ian, wet the reflection adds to the composition for sure. Nice
The tulips colours are great, not to sure about the glass possibly due to the light reflection possibly. Nicely taken though

As soon as I saw this week's theme, I remembered a place i'd seen about 15 years ago.

I also remembered it was a 2 mile walk to get to it as it was on an old cave, called Mother Ludlam's Cave, over the back paths of Farnham, leading to Waverley Abbey

This week i'm pleased with my entry - hope you like it

52W2019 - Entrance by ***tuttifrutti***, on Flickr

You should be pleased with it too, it's a very nice shot (although my OCD doesn't like the slight off-centre of the gate). Have you added vignette or has that happened due to the surround (it suits the image whichever it is).

Good job

Cheers Jim

I'll walk the 2 miles back and try and straighten the gate up for you mate

I added vignette for effect. Looks more sinister

Cheers Jim

I'll walk the 2 miles back and try and straighten the gate up for you mate

I added vignette for effect. Looks more sinister

Ha, no need :D (it's not the gate but the composition - but as I say, that's just my OCD ;) )

Yes, tha vignette looks great and draws they eye in nicely.

Back