weekly IanD's 52 Week 2019 Walk Of Shame - Week 26 - Drink

Its a good shot you are being a little harsh on yourself as for the other point about your ideas being taken up you shouldn't worry just do your own interpretation its bound to be different

Hi Ian,

Open - Looks great in mono and I like the close crop. Good idea, well spotted(y)
Distant - Excellent original idea. The vignette works well to bring your eyes to the middle. Interesting to see what it would be like with the oof word at the top :D

Great concept Ian!(y)
Effective use of DoF to enhance the 'distant' feel, and tastefully lit too....I like the vignette!
Nice work.

I must book an appointment to see the opticians....I'm a few years overdue....thanks for reminding me Ian!!:giggle:

Thanks Gareth - maybe I should have used an optician's chart with distant being the smallest - wy didn't I think of that

Nice take on the theme :)

Thanks very much Dave

Gareth said was I was going to. A nice simple idea artistically expressed.

Also, thanks very much Lindsay

Clever take on theme Ian, like how it fades from top to bottom as you scroll down.

Thanks Dave - it's a bit trippy eh :)

Very effective and a wonderful idea for the theme, I guess it is called visual onomatopeia. :rolleyes:
I was thinking that maybe the other way round would also work - with DISTANT in focus at the bottom and then fading upwards/backwards?
Or even, with a horizontal shot, the word could be typed in a staggered way to imitate a winding road?

Thanks Bob - I'll admit I had to google that word :) but see what you mean now - so many other variations I could have done, now they've been mentioned to me ;)

great idea and works well very nicely done.

Thanks a lot Peter

I like it, simple but effective.

Thank you Carl

Hi Ian,

Open - Looks great in mono and I like the close crop. Good idea, well spotted(y)
Distant - Excellent original idea. The vignette works well to bring your eyes to the middle. Interesting to see what it would be like with the oof word at the top :D

Thanks Georgina - it's almost worth having another go one day when I have more time

Excellent idea and well executed too, Ian. I would agree with Allan's comment about not changing your idea because someone else got there first, as we all interpret things differently and the 52 is a personal challenge.

My favourite thing about this image is the effect as you scroll the page. I wondered at first whether you could have done it the other way, with the in focus words at the bottom and fading towards the top like the Star Wars credits, but then you would lose the fading effect as you scroll. As others have said, the vignette works very well, too (y)

A very good abstract image for the theme.

I'm really in to abstract images like this. You've nailed the colour and contrast. Really nice image.

Cold
I like the graphic look and the black and white conversion.

Good diagonals and nice bit of snow I like it

Good shot for cold and the snow on that makes it look freezing cold.

I like the composition and the contrast you have in this image
Creative indeed! Like the abstract nature of this shot!!

A very good abstract image for the theme.

I'm really in to abstract images like this. You've nailed the colour and contrast. Really nice image.

Very creative Ian, just looking at the picture it portrays a very cold feeling. Nice

I love this image, very nice work Ian!!
Terrific use of repetition....looks almost abstract....fantastic!
The detail in the snow/ice is great too, and it's nice and sharp front to back.
Masterful!(y)

Very abstract but I love it. Nice use of diagonal lines and contrast. Lots of detail in the snow too.

I'm with Carl, super choice for the theme, just the sort of shot that I like simple but effective and very eye catching.

Cold
I like the graphic look and the black and white conversion.

Thanks very much everyone, for your positive and encouraging comments - here's to another decent week. Roll on tomorrow's theme :)

Interesting photo.

Okay, so what is it?
It's not steps, nor is it frozen sausages. I'm tempted to go with decking?
Roof tiles I'd say

I,m sure they are fat free too, you can’t beat a good shoehorn (y)

Nice one for waiting. I have a couple of ideas and think it will be less good than this !

Clever :D

Hits the theme Ian, and nicely taken. :)
I don't think it needs the extra black space top and bottom, and placed vertically is very 'static'
Have you tried any edits? If I were playing, I might try rotating through 45', cropping in tightly to a square, cutting off the corners, things like that.
worth playing with?

Back