weekly IanD's 52 Week 2019 Walk Of Shame - Week 26 - Drink

A good fun take on theme Ian, liking the dark BG to make the whole scene pop.

Thank you Dave

I,m sure they are fat free too, you can’t beat a good shoehorn (y)

Was a really bad horning of the shoe eh ;)

Nice one for waiting. I have a couple of ideas and think it will be less good than this !

Thanks Chenti - look forward to seeing your entry

Good original idea. Linguistics to the rescue!!

Amen to that! Thanks Bob

Thanks Dave

Very cool interpretation!!
I had an argument with a family member regarding the possible use of homophones.
I said it was fine, and very nearly chose 'weighting' too!
Yours is an excellent image, and works really well as a mono.
Nice work Ian.(y)

Thanks very much Gareth

Hits the theme Ian, and nicely taken. :)
I don't think it needs the extra black space top and bottom, and placed vertically is very 'static'
Have you tried any edits? If I were playing, I might try rotating through 45', cropping in tightly to a square, cutting off the corners, things like that.
worth playing with?

Thanks Tim - I might have a little look tonight. I struggle with cropping in Lightroom. Every time I move one edge, the whole lot moves. Maybe a quick google and a revisit if I get a chance

Excellent idea, Ian, and nice to see something completely different!

Thanks Andrea

Cold, nicely done with snow.

Waiting, A fun take on the theme, as Andrea says nice to see something completely different. B+w works a treat and the bg is good too.

Thanks Michael
Nice shot for waiting and a very clever and novel take on the theme. Works great in mono too.

Thanks Lee
Really novel fun idea Ian, the weight watchers scale finishes it off brilliantly

My go-to scales :( Thanks Chris

Unlock the constrain proportions lock.

Got it - cheers Tim. I did try this before and it still looked like all sides were moving. Must have been some sort of Jedi mind trick as it works perfectly now (y)

Clever idea. Loving everyone's different takes on the subjects. Best in mono as well.

Hi Ian

Clean, Nice image, good B&W & details of the sky caught in the reflections.

Open, Clever and nice processing, love the detail and your gate looks as good as mine with nails comming out and odd screws here and there.

Distance, nothing wrong with Starwars Titles.

Cold, A different cold image, good processing to B&W and it's simple and works well.

Weigh-ting, you must have been bored at work to come up with such a clever take. Works well in B&W.

Pete

Like the 'Rough' shot Ian, great idea! Canada is such an amazing place, especially for photography!

Like the 'Rough' shot Ian, great idea! Canada is such an amazing place, especially for photography!

Thanks Daniel. I can't wait, although I can't see us getting very far as I'll want to stop every 5 minutes

Great image, really good exposure. This was of the ideas I had too., you've done better than I would have.

Thats a cracking image. The composition is excellent and really works as does the warm lighting. One tiny thing... Is the mug leaning to the right a touch or is it me?

Lovely light on the rough guide shot!

Lovely warm looking image. Lighting suits it. Love that green on the wall.

Superb image Ian!
I love the lighting, a great mix of warm from the lamp, to the cool on the pages....clever!
Very nicely composed too.
Nice work Ian, and hope you have a great time!(y)

Thanks Gareth. I'm still a work in progress but I tried to set things up a bit better this time

Rough guide is a good shot, liking the lamp in shot too.

Thanks very much Dave

Nicely composed very nice image

Thanks Allan

Great image, really good exposure. This was of the ideas I had too., you've done better than I would have.

Thanks Jim, and I doubt it. I'm sure you can knock up a pretty decent image mate

Nice shot for rough, and an original take on the theme.

Many thanks Bob

Nice idea Ian, what a trip that will be !

Thanks Chris. Yeah, a long time to go yet but the planning has begun

Thats a cracking image. The composition is excellent and really works as does the warm lighting. One tiny thing... Is the mug leaning to the right a touch or is it me?

Thanks Lee. And you may well be right. That was my second attempt at uploading, as I did it once then realised that the back of the table's angle was terrible, so re-edited. And then someone noticed a wonky mug :wave:

Lovely light on the rough guide shot!

Thanks very much Dave

A slightly tenuous link to the theme, maybe, but a well composed and beautifully lit scene. The light on the wall from the lamp is particularly nice (y)

Thank you Andrea. Took me ages to try and get an angle that didn't reflect too much off of the book cover

Lovely warm looking image. Lighting suits it. Love that green on the wall.

Many thanks Mandy. And the missus chose the colour for the wall ;)

Great image, well composed and also well exposed with the lamp. I hope you have fun on your trip, I look forward to seeing your September 52 entries from Canada :D

Welcome back Ian, trying to catch up on my comments now

New - Great take on the theme with a nice composition

Clean - Really like this great pov love the B&W conversion a very simple but graphic image.

Open - Pretty much perfect bang on theme the B&W processing really shows off the textures in the metal and wood.

Distant - Clever take on the theme the use of DoF really helps with the distant feel

Cold - Great pattern image looks cold too!

Waiting - Clever take on the theme nicely executed love the B&W conversion especially with the dark background my only slight criticism is are the scales square they look a little angled to me (it may be my eyes)

Rough - Nicely composed and lit Ian nice fit for the theme. the bottom of the pages of the book look a little blue (this may be my monitor at work)

Brilliant on the weigh ting I really like that and the rough guide works very well indeed. I bet you can’t wait to go :)

Great image, well composed and also well exposed with the lamp. I hope you have fun on your trip, I look forward to seeing your September 52 entries from Canada :D

Thanks Carl. It'll certainly be a trip to remember

Welcome back Ian, trying to catch up on my comments now

New - Great take on the theme with a nice composition

Clean - Really like this great pov love the B&W conversion a very simple but graphic image.

Open - Pretty much perfect bang on theme the B&W processing really shows off the textures in the metal and wood.

Distant - Clever take on the theme the use of DoF really helps with the distant feel

Cold - Great pattern image looks cold too!

Waiting - Clever take on the theme nicely executed love the B&W conversion especially with the dark background my only slight criticism is are the scales square they look a little angled to me (it may be my eyes)

Rough - Nicely composed and lit Ian nice fit for the theme. the bottom of the pages of the book look a little blue (this may be my monitor at work)

Thanks Mark - could be that that part of the book is blue anyway ;) Well spotted, it could be an issue. I tried to look at everything when I processed, but may have missed that bit

Hi Ian, nice lighting and composition. Canada will be fun!

Thanks very much Dom

Like the idea for the theme. Nice setup and composition.

Thanks Stan

Rough
A simple composition and it works well.

Simple as the bloke taking it :) Thanks Dominic

Brilliant on the weigh ting I really like that and the rough guide works very well indeed. I bet you can’t wait to go :)

Thanks Pete. We've booked the flights but haven't even started booking the hotels along the route yet. Let's hope we're not sleeping in the car ;)

Bit of a crap shot but I like it :D

Back