Beginner Ibrox Stadium Glasgow

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I have posted occasionally on this forum for some time now but have not really posted any photographs. Until now that is.

Not long after I purchased my camera (Panasonic Lumix G2) in 2011, I took a trip to Ibrox Stadium and took some photographs. I did not have Photoshop then, I processed them with the Windows 7 proprietary software, I forget what it is called . Later I bought Photoshop Elements 11 and probably reprocessed them. I don't really have a system for processing photographs.

The point is I plan on going back and reshooting the stadium and just wondered what you think of my original shots. Or any other advice would be welcome.

Main Stand
Ibrox 1.JPG

Memorial Statue commemorating the 1971 Stadium Disaster
Ibrox 2.JPG

The Famous Ibrox Gates
Ibrox 3.JPG

Hi Grey!
I think your shots are right on target. They illustrate very well you subject
and some features.
Very good renditions of all three accounts and a proper framing make them
a good set where the keystone tool may have been forgotten… not dramatic
at this point but should be done for sure!

Hi Grey!
I think your shots are right on target. They illustrate very well you subject
and some features.
Very good renditions of all three accounts and a proper framing make them
a good set where the keystone tool may have been forgotten… not dramatic
at this point but should be done for sure!

Keystoning is to do with vertical lines?

I wouldn't know how to sort that out to be perfectly honest.

Thanks.

What RAW converter do you use?
Which OS do you work with?

These pictures were not taken in raw. As i say i was a beginner. I now do shoot in raw. I use PSE11 to convert my raw files now. My operating system is now Windows 10.

Last edited:
I now so shoot in raw.

Cool, as this the first thing to set up on the
camera.

If you search for "keystone tool" on the web or the help of your app,
you should get all the right info. Come back if you're stuck!

Last edited:
I think the pictures get better as you scroll down.

The 1st is such a large building your eye bounces around it without really settling anywhere.
The 2nd has both the gates and the statue, either would provide a good picture.
The 3rd I like the lines and squares in the window glass and the lines of the gate. Also the club name explains where it is and what the gates are for.

Cool Duncan but do you have link for PSE11 as Grey says he has?

I think you can get the John Greig statue with the 'Ready' sign in the background if you take it from the right place - there's some nice detail to photograph around stadiums.

Google Willie Vass and Keith Campbell and have a look at their sites - they photograph Rangers for the national press and they have excellent examples of what you can do creatively when photographing Ibrox.

One of the the last three grounds in Scotland I've not taken photos at

Ibrox - toilet. Rangers - Joke:D

Seriously tho, these are pretty decent takes of the stadium. Although I'm not a Gers fan (hate them actually;)) I've always liked the traditional red brick look of their stadium. You've represented that very well.

Back