ICC Profiles in Lightroom - Where are they?

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

My first post here and I've got a question for you. I'm planning on getting some prints from zor.com and downloaded the ICC profiles and installed on my windows PC as recommended. When I go into soft proofing > profile > other the profiles aren't there.

I then checked and went into Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color and they are in that folder. I decided to installed a generic profile from Fotospeed to see if that works and that appeared in the list, bizzare.

Also to add to the mystery when I go into Photoshop the profiles appear in there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Phil.

Are the profiles showing in the print module? Try there first and place a tick against the profiles you wish to use, then check for the profiles in soft proofing...

Welcome to TP Phil!

Click on profile, click on "Other", scratch head and search through list looking for the profile you installed (wishing you could rename ICC profiles to something sensible) and click the check box to add it.

Bob should then be your auntie's husband.

AhKk6Of.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I've tried looking in the print module and they aren't there. As I mentioned, they are showing in photoshop though. Here's some screenshots.

ZxWadW5.jpg

Then when I go into Photoshop, there they are!

h9O89AV.jpg

Weird right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird yes...

A long shot, the profiles are saved in the correct location and they aren't CMYK are they? In your screenshot from PS they appear to be listed with CMYK profiles and LR does not support CMYK profiles. I am a Mac user, but I seem to remember on Windows you could right click on the profile and select install...

Weird yes...

A long shot, the profiles are saved in the correct location and they aren't CMYK are they? In your screenshot from PS they appear to be listed with CMYK profiles and LR does not support CMYK profiles. I am a Mac user, but I seem to remember on Windows you could right click on the profile and select install...

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. Just gone back onto zor.com and the guide they have for Lightroom is for Mac only. Maybe their profiles aren't supported in Lightroom for windows.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. Just gone back onto zor.com and the guide they have for Lightroom is for Mac only. Maybe their profiles aren't supported in Lightroom for windows.
If they are RGB profiles they will work.
Try right clicking on the downloaded file and choose install, it should then install in the correct place (fingers crossed)

Good luck

If they are RGB profiles they will work.
Try right clicking on the downloaded file and choose install, it should then install in the correct place (fingers crossed)

Good luck

Tried to no avail I'm afraid. I've gone back into the folder where all the profiles are contained on windows and they are in there.

https://imgur.com/IHYVDDJ

Out of interest I went into the folder and changed what the profile should open with to Lightroom rather than Microsoft colour control panel, no success.

Checking Zor.com too... it appears that they are CMYK profiles which LR doesn't support. LR's soft proofing is one of the best, but unfortunately it looks like you will have to soft proof in PS.

I'll just have to soft proof in PS then. I'm going to send zor.com an email to see if they plan on doing it for LR. Thanks for your help though.

Also interested in this. I had the exact same problem, I asked Zor customer support for help but didn’t get a response. I had already ordered a couple alu prints and they said they couldn’t stop the order even though I sent the email 5 minutes after sending my order.

Luckily my prints arrived and I am extremely happy with them. I’m still reluctant to place more orders until I can sort this problem out though.

Zor.com are a little naughty here in that it would appear that their ICC profiles are in fact CMYK and not RGB profiles.

Lightroom, (I believe due to problems with printing to CMYK JPEG in the print module) does not support CMYK profiles at this current moment in time.

Probably because of the different way that Macs handle things, CMYK profiles will show up in Lightroom soft proofing, however whether they work correctly, I have no idea.

The only reliable workaround is to do your soft proofing for Zor.com in Photoshop where full CMYK support works.

I emailed Zor and got a reply from Jonathan saying that according to the last Adobe update Lightroom no longer supports CMYK profiles. They are trying to come up with a solution in the near future. So fingers crossed!

Back