If it moves - I'll need a lot of practice!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This ladybird ventured forth out of the rockery mosses for about 10 minutes - no doubt drawn by a bit of warmth (the sun is weak, watery, oddly bright but not right if you know what I mean).

I soon discovered that when something moves quickly, on my knees in a a corner where under my knees are stones and pebbles (ouch) that make a path to the rockery, in natural light that is changing with every rapidly passing cloud, and trying to focus manually, at different apertures, and swapping ISO's to see if it helps, is all in all, a royal PITA.

But I persevered and eventually got two half useable shots.

Paul.

2 very usable shots.... though doesn't sound very comfortable need to get some knee pads :)

I don't very often find static subjects. lol

Last edited:
2 very usable shots.... though doesn't sound very comfortable need to get some knee pads :)

I don't very often find static subjects. lol

I have knee pads - but there is nothing more nailed on than if you go for them out of the house, when you get back you can't find your subject again! ;)

Paul.

A couple of very fine detailed shots Paul, they look pretty darn usable to me m8.(y)

George.

A couple of very fine detailed shots Paul, they look pretty darn usable to me m8.(y)

George.

Thank you George. :)

But DOH!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Having just been and picked up the camera for my next venture, I realised somehow (the only problem with a touch screen???) that somehow I had managed to set the camera to -2EV and so it was no wonder I was struggling with these! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and more :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Paul.

Thank you George. :)

But DOH!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Having just been and picked up the camera for my next venture, I realised somehow (the only problem with a touch screen???) that somehow I had managed to set the camera to -2EV and so it was no wonder I was struggling with these! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and more :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rolleyes:

Paul.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :help:

:notworthy:

PMSL

Paul.

I can't take the pee... I just went out whilst the kiddies napped... and loads more shots than normal came out blurred. Checked flash all seemed ok.... so thought it must be a lens day issue lol

Well later on I check settings on camera and it was set to 1/60s dohhhhhhhhhhh

Still did manage some sharp shots well least I think I have. :sulk::eggface:

I can't take the pee... I just went out whilst the kiddies napped... and loads more shots than normal came out blurred. Checked flash all seemed ok.... so thought it must be a lens day issue lol

Well later on I check settings on camera and it was set to 1/60s dohhhhhhhhhhh

Still did manage some sharp shots well least I think I have. :sulk::eggface:

It's so easy to do, lol. Schoolboy errors I know, but err is to be human :)

Paul.

Think I got too over confident with the lens.... though if I can get sharp images at 1/60s I will be a happy bunny. :D

School boy errors as you say. :tumbleweed:

Something else crossed my mind - we seem to be doing our best to find the smallest possible subjects too often instead of using the lens across it's range. The desire for 2:1 or near as damn it is hard to resist...

Paul.

Something else crossed my mind - we seem to be doing our best to find the smallest possible subjects too often instead of using the lens across it's range. The desire for 2:1 or near as damn it is hard to resist...

Paul.
Ya making me bl@@dy jealous here with all this talk of 2:1 shots grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I cant wait til maybe tomorrow or Sunday as its sposed to be fine full sun all weekend and I might even try with the T/c on or even the Tubes and the dcr250 or all 3 hahaha :D:wacky:

Ya making me bl@@dy jealous here with all this talk of 2:1 shots grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I cant wait til maybe tomorrow or Sunday as its sposed to be fine full sun all weekend and I might even try with the T/c on or even the Tubes and the dcr250 or all 3 hahaha :D:wacky:

Haven't even contemplated a tube yet!!! :)

Paul.

Back