I'll park here then

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Just come back from Greenwich Park. 30 seconds from home when I see this...

Do you have what it takes to be a Amazon delivery driver. Can you bring a van to a halt anywhere, stick the hazards on and get out to deliver a parcel.

Just come back from Greenwich Park. 30 seconds from home when I see this...

Do you have what it takes to be a Amazon delivery driver. Can you bring a van to a halt anywhere, stick the hazards on and get out to deliver a parcel.

Well, they are working to a very tight schedule..................................... :(

PS on a related though tangental note ~ more years ago than I care to remember. I was at home and heard a sudden loud bang, I opened my front door and looked out to see the milky (one of those motorised 3-wheeler floats) out of his float. I asked what's wrong, he said "my front suspension has collapsed...." I pointed out to him that I doubted that as he had driven onto the (cast iron) inspection cover [I wondered where the dent in it that had appeared had come from?]. I said to him that's what happens if you keep driving onto the footpath 'like that'. (NB as a footpath adjacent to the private parking area there was no kerb as such just a lipped edge)

When I got home there was gaping hole with broken bits of cover at the bottom of the chamber, where the cover should have been, with no sign that the Unigate recovery vehicle had bothered to make the damage safe! I phoned the council who covered it that evening but it took a couple of weeks (I think???) for it to be repaired.

What doubly annoyed me was that I did not even have doorstep deliveries of milk but the damaged footpath was nearest to my front door!!!

I think I might have nicked his keys ... ;)

If you are talking about the white van courier, if he had left the keys in the van, that would have gotten him the sack..........................a bit harsh perhaps(to nick the keys ;) )

Doubt you'd be saying that if you were expecting something expensive and the van was nicked.
This happened a couple years ago, vans were found emptied of all contents, we were warned there would be no
second chances if that happened to a RM van

I can understand when they have to double park in London ( or any busy town/city), but this guy didn't even try to get near the curb in my not so busy village :thinking:

Leave him alone, he is trying to get his 10 000 steps a day

He probably has no idea of the British way of doing things, It seems a lot of these drivers are foreign as their the only ones that would do such a job for so little money.He even seems to look to see if the hazard lights are working then looks at you as if your the idiot ! You should think yourself lucky, The other day whilst driving a truck a foreign HGV driver emerged from a one way ( the wrong way) and turned head on to me on the wrong side of a dual carriageway causing me to emergency stop, lucky for me I was only doing about 15mph and had no weight on board !

Last edited:
If your hazards are on you can park anywhere. Do you people know nothing? :)

he will be able to park properly once he passes his test :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Back