I'm a humble Dunnock

I have the same lens on my Sony a7Riv - lovely capture of a shy bird

Les :)

I have the same lens on my Sony a7Riv - lovely capture of a shy bird

Les :)

I think it's a super lens - I'm just swapping my A7Riv for an A9ii. Mixed feelings about it, but really looking forward to the autofocus capabilities of the A9. Shame it's not got the cropping abilities of the A7Riv.

I think it's a super lens - I'm just swapping my A7Riv for an A9ii. Mixed feelings about it, but really looking forward to the autofocus capabilities of the A9. Shame it's not got the cropping abilities of the A7Riv.

That is one reason I have not gone to the a9 - I have a a7Riii and a7riv both good for cropping and I shoot mostly wildlife - so cropping is a must with some images :)

Les

That is one reason I have not gone to the a9 - I have a a7Riii and a7riv both good for cropping and I shoot mostly wildlife - so cropping is a must with some images :)

Les

What I've done occasionally is I've used the A7iii in crop mode, resulting in a 10MP file, then doubled it up in Topaz Gigapixel AI - I've found it works very well. It will be the same with the A9ii.

What I've done occasionally is I've used the A7iii in crop mode, resulting in a 10MP file, then doubled it up in Topaz Gigapixel AI - I've found it works very well. It will be the same with the A9ii.

I prefer a 1.4x Teleconverter to using crop mode - that way I still retain a 42 & 61 MP image respectively :)

Back