I'm just a dragon needing a shave

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
What a hairy chin these fellas have! Must have been a male of the species!!

3867969625_8b8fefac1e_o.jpg

that's pretty good (y)

:clap: really in close, nicely done Sara, good sharp and colourful.

Wow did this fly into your lens Sara :D great shot bags of detail (y)

So my ex booked a portrait session with you? Congratulations on capturing his “good” side so well – hope you charged him a fortune for such a flattering pic! :LOL:

Joking aside, fantastic detail, lighting, DoF and the sort of shot that really makes me want to give macro a go. Think I’d have to stick to flowers though; the thought of a close quarters encounter with an insect that has a chin (let alone a hairy one) just creeps me out too much.

Blimey! That is close-up................splendidly done(y)

I think that can qualify as close up!

Wow what a great shot it is.
Yes he must be male and it was taken on a Sunday morning, right??

Could you not have asked him to smile or said cheese as a grin would have been the icing on the cake :LOL:

Joking aside, what a stonking shot.:clap:

looks like you've controlled the lighting well here Sara, nice and sharp with loads of detail (y)

:clap: Thats a lovely shot Sarah seriously close that one! (y)

Stunning detail Sara! So close, so sharp..Excellent :clap:

Very very nice.
But your avatar wins it hands down ;)

Very nice and VERY close !

Super light and great detail you've got there.

Hi,

I have just signed up to post on this forum(lurking for ages).I wanted to say great pic.Noticed it was taken using canon 50d(just ordered same camera)could you tell me what len's was used?

thanks Tony

Corking picture.

Jealous<---------------me.

Thanks Tony and Rob for your comments - Sorry for delay in answering your question Tony, I've been on hols!

I used my Canon 100mm F2.8 lens (Probably had about 20mm of extension tubes on as well). Flash used was a speedlite 430 exII fixed via velcro and a lens hood!

Back