I'm watching you... @ Tokyo zoo

Name
Ned
Edit My Images
Yes
It's my first time in Tokyo and loving it, Ueno zoo is in one of the central parks and has loads of animals (including the all important Pandas - difficult to photo as outdoors and behind glass so lots of reflections), it's only £3 to get in and It took 3 hours to walk around!

It was pouring rain all day though and I'd left my umbrella in the hotel - glad the camera is weather proof!

View attachment 40081

View attachment 40082

Love the bear shot shows the massive size of these beautiful creatures.(y)

Hi Ned,

looks like a lovely day for photography! I love that bear shot, looks like he/she is looking down their nose at you. Well done on controlling the exposure as well.

Conversely the head of the vulture looks like the whites are blown out (but the blacks look lovely!). Any information in those whites so you could dial them back in post? It would make that another good shot IMHO. Very forlorn look about it, not surprising given the weather!

Thanks for sharing,

Gary

Thanks both, they are jpgs sooc and only viewed on my iPad (traveller mode) but will have a play with the raw files when I get home :)

I have a couple of others that I think will be good, will post the when I can.

It sounds like the Tokyo zoo isn't the best place for photography. I'll be in Tokyo soon - would you recommend popping into the zoo to take some pictures?

Oh yes, it is a great zoo but quite a few of the 'big things' are behind glass which isn't that clean so photography can be tricky and what's more it was dark due to the cloud so if you have a fast lens that would be good (I was travelling light so only had a kit tele-zoom.

I'll post some more up later when I've had a chance review them.

Back