Images of a train journey

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some photos taken of travel on The Canadian a train we travelled from Toronto to Japser in Canada. This took 3 days and yes we slept on the train. This distance take much less time in Europe but in Canada passnger trains give way to freight trains on the track we travelled on. This train was built in the 1950's in the art deco style.

This was taken as we left Toronto from one of the obesrvation cars.

Leaving Torronto on The Canadian by Alf Branch, on Flickr

The back of the train which is a rather nice saloon and observation car

The Canadian Park car- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

The Canadian obervation car-6200684 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

An observation car

The Canadian observation car-6200647 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A sunset I am surpsised how well this came out as the windows were dirty by this point.

Sunset on the Canadian-6200759 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Evening on the observation-6200778 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Oh and a selfie taken at Melville saskatchewan

A selfie at Melville-6200742 by Alf Branch, on Flickr

First rate, Alf. Immensely interesting subjects with well executed shots that are stunning at best and never less than eye catching. (y)(y)(y)

What a great set of images Alf, really interesting and well executed shots.(y)

George.

A great set of images. The night shot of Toronto and the sunset are very interesting and the reflections off the carriage roof make them a little bit special.

Excellent quality especially the nighttime shot.I really like the B&W too..My wife wants to do that trip so the interior shots were very useful.I've just shown them to her. You must have been in Gold Leaf Class..if we go it would have to be that.What's it like for the person in the aisle seat ? Won't be able to see any reply until tomorrow..off to the Edinburgh Tattoo in an hour..flying from B'ham.

I had to laugh at the chap in the flat cap..just has to be a Brit..lol

I mentioned in another thread over on the Rural-Scenic forum that my wife has a brother and his now extended family in Calgary and they want to take us to Banff and Jasper so maybe we'll settle for that . iI's stunning scenery.

What a great set of shots and looks a great way to travel - think I've just added an item on my 'to do' list

Excellent quality especially the nighttime shot.I really like the B&W too..My wife wants to do that trip so the interior shots were very useful.I've just shown them to her. You must have been in Gold Leaf Class..if we go it would have to be that.What's it like for the person in the aisle seat ? Won't be able to see any reply until tomorrow..off to the Edinburgh Tattoo in an hour..flying from B'ham.

I had to laugh at the chap in the flat cap..just has to be a Brit..lol

I mentioned in another thread over on the Rural-Scenic forum that my wife has a brother and his now extended family in Calgary and they want to take us to Banff and Jasper so maybe we'll settle for that . iI's stunning scenery.

This is the service we were on, in sleeper plus class.
http://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-ou...ockies-and-pacific/toronto-vancouver-canadian

Sitting on the aisle is no big deal as you will be trying to look in all directions at times. Do not think of it as an intercity doing 150 mph you will reach maybe 50 mph more likely 30 mph and sometimes wait 20 minutes for a freight train.

The guy in the flat cap is Australian actually he was on our tour.

Lovely set, the ones taken from the observation carriage are great, theres something that keeps making me look at them :)

I love a good train trip!

Bet that was a fantastic trip, rail looks a totally different story over there ... great set, thanks for posting :)

Lovely set, the ones taken from the observation carriage are great, theres something that keeps making me look at them :)

I love a good train trip!

Thanks Jim It was a good train journey IMO

Bet that was a fantastic trip, rail looks a totally different story over there ... great set, thanks for posting :)

Thanks Gramps

A great set - thanks for sharing
James

Thanks James

That's a lovely collection, something a little different. The first is my fav I like the top of the train leading you in [emoji3]

Back