Immigrants crossing the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total b******t. Open borders within the EU gives people the right to live and work where they want within the Union. It opens up opportunities for the individual. It’s nothing to do with “passing on” people. Some of us took advantage of that right and managed to integrate into the community of our host nation.
You should have given it a try (I use the past tense because you no longer have the right) because you come across as insular and somewhat antagonistic to foreign people.

The UK already has millions of non UK residents living in the UK and as far as I can remember we are no longer in the UNION

Open borders within the EU gives people the right to live and work where they want within the Union
And UK born and bred citisens have no say in this at all

No one knows but if we had control things may be a lot different
I deeply regret open borders , we were forced into this by the EU as any negotiations included 1st must have open borders , Why ? my opinion is that its a way of passing on people

I will say one last time , When is enough enough ?
Did I mention one of my long term neighbours has had enough and is now moving out of the area
This now leaves just me in a block of 4 houses as a UK born and bred resident , all other are migrants as is most of the road residents

We were not forced to keep our borders open under this crisis as you seem to be claiming, we were in fact one of the only EU countries who allowed travel to continue weren't we?

And what's your neighbour moving got to do with anything, or the fact there's migrants on your street?

None of those areas would faze me. Iselworth? Are you having a laugh??? It's a quiet suburb! :LOL: I grew up in the East End of London mate, in the 1970s and 80s. I've lived on one of the most deprived estates in Europe. Nowhere is a 'no go area' for me. Or indeed anyone. This is the UK ffs, not downtown Sao Paolo, Bogota or Lagos. Jeeze!

Why do YOU consider such areas 'no go'?

I was bought up in Camden. School in Holloway. Worked Brixton and Kenington.
Lived Elephant and castle, Tottenham and Cricklewood.
Yeah you're hard we get that.
NOWHERE is out of bounds for you.
You either speak Turkish and Urdu or you're trolling.
Im going with trolling.

Last edited:
I'm still laughing at "my neighbour is so racist he moved house because his neighbours were foreign" being used as an actual argument to make a point.

You're actually quoting a racist website to prove your point? Really?

REALLY?

Wow.

"Bradford in England is a No-Go Zone for certain ethnic groups and the city is heading toward disaster, councilors have warned, citing attacks on a synagogue and white businesses in allahuakbar areas."

"Another councilor, Vanda Greenwood, added that young women did not feel safe in parts of the town because of gangs of allahuakbars."

I take it 'allahuakbar' is racist for 'Muslim'. As a Muslim, I find it offensive you've posted a link to a racist website. I suspect the offence was intentional on your part. Reported.

I was bought up in Camden. School in Holloway. Worked Brixton and Kenington.
Lived Elephant and castle, Tottenham and Cricklewood.
Yeah you're hard we get that.
NOWHERE is out of bounds for you.
You either speak Turkish and Urdu or you're trolling.
Im going with trolling.

What if I did speak Turkish or Urdu? What about Turkish and Urdu? What's wrong with speaking Turkish and/or Urdu?

Do you really mean 'are you brown'? You do, don't you? At least have the balls to admit it.

"Yeah you're hard we get that."

No; I'm just not a paranoid racist who thinks this is 'their' country.

You're actually quoting a racist website to prove your point? Really?

REALLY?

Wow.

"Bradford in England is a No-Go Zone for certain ethnic groups and the city is heading toward disaster, councilors have warned, citing attacks on a synagogue and white businesses in allahuakbar areas."

"Another councilor, Vanda Greenwood, added that young women did not feel safe in parts of the town because of gangs of allahuakbars."

I take it 'allahuakbar' is racist for 'Muslim'. As a Muslim, I find it offensive you've posted a link to a racist website. I suspect the offence was intentional on your part. Reported.

Doesn't take long to find the real quotes.

Councillor greenwood said there was a problem with perception, and that people would "say" there were Asian gangs. Not that there were.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/15788106.amp/

You always manage to infer it's a race issue. It's not for me anyway.
In your examples there is almost no language barrier. If a German area almost exclusively spoke German I would feel awkward. As I do if walking in a Welsh pub and all the locals start speaking Welsh.
I actually don't give a stuff what background people come from. I've met plenty of British wasters.

That's because it is essentially a race issue, in one of your recent replies you refered only to people from Romania and Iran, "There are whole areas that may as well be Rumania, Iran etc etc. " , why not Irish or any other white skinned country? maybe it's just too easy to have a pop at dark-skinned nationals and not white skinned because it would be harder to identify them as 'different' ?. I do agree that I can walk into pubs in certain parts of Wales and looked at as if I had 3 heads and there are plenty of British wasters, most of them happen to support Farage and think Tommy Robinson is a hero.

I work in Bradford all the time, there are definitely areas I wouldn't go but not because of the colour of my skin or the nature of my culture.
They're just rough areas and they exist in all city's.
Its sometimes a bit of a reach to suggest that no go areas are that way singularly because of racial/cultural differences.
There are no go areas in Leeds where the population is indigenous, a lot of rough areas are that way for environmental and economic reasons rather than racial/cultural.
Having said that, Bradford is lefty central, Asian youths bricking only white businesses will not be recorded as racially motivated crimes so I guess you reap what you sow.

The UK already has millions of non UK residents living in the UK and as far as I can remember we are no longer in the UNION

Open borders within the EU gives people the right to live and work where they want within the Union
And UK born and bred citisens have no say in this at all

They HAD exactly the same right. You make it seem that freedom of movement for EU citizens was a bad thing.
Did you also object to all those Brits exercising the same right to live in EU countries? Or is that ok with you?

What if I did speak Turkish or Urdu? What about Turkish and Urdu? What's wrong with speaking Turkish and/or Urdu?

Do you really mean 'are you brown'? You do, don't you? At least have the balls to admit it.

"Yeah you're hard we get that."

No; I'm just not a paranoid racist who thinks this is 'their' country.

Whoah there sunshine. Hold back on the twisting and insults.
Your just unlucky, you tried to b******t somebody who knows.

That's because it is essentially a race issue, in one of your recent replies you refered only to people from Romania and Iran, "There are whole areas that may as well be Rumania, Iran etc etc. " , why not Irish or any other white skinned country? maybe it's just too easy to have a pop at dark-skinned nationals and not white skinned because it would be harder to identify them as 'different' ?. I do agree that I can walk into pubs in certain parts of Wales and looked at as if I had 3 heads and there are plenty of British wasters, most of them happen to support Farage and think Tommy Robinson is a hero.

Very interesting. The colour of the examples I gave never entered my mind. Yet it did yours.
PS. What colour would you class Romanian and Iranians? You obviously have some sort of scale.

Last edited:
Why is calling people racists , with no foundation, not seen as a personal insult in this place?

It's much better to ask for clarification than jump to conclusions and start throwing racist accusations.

Ok, getting sick of getting RTMs about this thread.

This is the first and final warning. Think very carefully about calling anyone racist. I've read through the thread and I can't see any post where anyone has said anything that could be deemed as racist. What I can see is where something could seem racist if assumption are made so here's a little tip. Don't make assumptions. If you see something that you think might be racist, seek clarification, don't just jump in with your size 12s.

Any further incidents of this nature will see posting privileges removed. I hope that's clear.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back