importing from Iphone to Lightroom classic to manage

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok ive started to use my iphone more and more when out and about, i simply have not been able to fathom how to simply ' move' the originals from the iphone to Lightroom classic, i don't sync with icloud as this has historically created duplicates everywhere i can never delete and thought this must be straight forward to 'move' them from the iphone to lightroom but I'm stumped any ideas? if i try to 'airdrop' them they dont pick up the date correctly just the date i moved them... this was my first idea anyone else managed to get this one working? thanks!

Thanks , how ? and does it delete the original photos - oh and keep all the correct filedata? (location, time date etc)

Or just use Lightroom on your iPhone.

After getting a Dropbox free account (2gb storage) and downloading the appropriate apps, simply copy the image to Dropbox on the phone and import into Lightroom on the pc. Image on the phone is not deleted. Metadata showing the file data will be there.

I use LR on my phone.

In classic (desktop) go to Edit>Preferences>LR Sync>Specify Location for Lightroom Synced Images. I have an "iphone" folder in each year which I sync to (I change it every year).

When you want to "update" your desktop with your phone photos, open LR on your phone and make sure they photos have moved into the app (you need to open the app, it doesn't work in the background unfoirtunately). As soon as they move into the app, LR starts to sync them back to your desktop.

These are "copies" of the image on your phone, so if you want rid, you have to delete on both locations. I think that works best for me, because I tend to delete them off my phone knowing that I have a copy in LR classic-desktop.

Back