Impromptu walk along the South Bank

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, some usual views with my own subjective editing taken on my first outing since moving over to Fujifilm. Would welcome your thoughts.

1. Started with a walk across the bridge - wanted to get a similar shot I had grabbed at night (click the pic for the gallery) but I am having a bit of fun with LR dodge and burning type techniques with lighting up and darkening areas of the image. The weather was turning...not looking good.

2. I am literally stuck without waterproofs under Westminster Bridge and it is chucking it down. I knew about this composition so grabbed one for myself while I waited.
i-9pSbrqH-L.jpg

3. The rain eventually stopped and it is now a bit dark so I headed east along the Queens Walk. Grabbed these two as I spotted the lights along the river curving round.
i-qwbnSx4-L.jpg

i-Jr8bFVQ-L.jpg

5. Next I jumped up onto a couple of the bridges to look back west at the London Eye
i-tLDBMTS-L.jpg

i-WShMNsG-L.jpg

7. ..and finally about to head home from Embankment I grabbed this looking across one of the Golden Jubilee Bridges
i-rQHWVDV-L.jpg

Cheers
Trevor

#1 cries for keystone tweak.
#2 & 4 are brilliant takes and conversions.
#5 & 6 are pretty cool too.

#1 cries for keystone tweak.
#2 & 4 are brilliant takes and conversions.
#5 & 6 are pretty cool too.

Thanks very much - i see what you mean on #1

Not spotted the viewpoint in image 2 before - nice framing.

Thanks - I had certainly seen it before but just happened to remember as I was taking cover from the rain.

What a great set

2 & 4 for me number 2 is a fantastic composition but they are all good

Thanks very much for your feedback.

All great shots, but 4 for me is my favourite. You've made it look like a scene from a 1930s Hollywood movie!

Verticals spot on always a difficult part of architecture photography certainly well composed.
GEORGE.

Great set Trev I am up in London in May for a few days your photos have given me inspiration to walk around and look for the more unusual angles rather than the std London shots

Great set Trev I am up in London in May for a few days your photos have given me inspiration to walk around and look for the more unusual angles rather than the std London shots

Thanks very much. It's hard to shoot unusual when the old classics are right there to be shot. They are famous for a reason I guess. Some further ideas here if you fancy: http://www.trevorsherwin.co.uk/LondonGal/n-6ZMLq/i-K5J3VD7

Have a great trip up here - be great to see what you get.

Back