In a world gone mad

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Just been told this by my son who is a restaurant manager , the other day a female customer came in and was wearing a disposable mask but inside out .as he was explaining the rules and regs to her she took off her mask and cleaned her glasses with it .

Totally true but does make you wonder if a cure will ever be effective , you can’t cure stupid

:LOL: well she probably uses her kn*ckers an extra day by turning them inside out and then, before the trip to the wash basket, to wipe her posterior as needed? Afteral, thrift is good.......isn't it :thinking:

I work in a heavy engineering factory and since last Friday the firm has banned the use of hammers of any sort from the factory floor. We used them all the time. The only way we can use one is if a risk assessment is carried out and a supervisor brings the hammer from an office to your place of work watches you use it and returns it to the office immediately. We oiks are not to be trusted. It's not as if someone has recently had an accident.

Last edited:
I work in a heavy engineering factory and since last Friday the firm has banned the use of hammers of any sort from the factory floor. We use them all the time. The only way we can use one is if a risk assessment is carried out and a supervisor brings the hammer from an office to your place of work watches you use it and returns it to the office immediately. We oiks are not to be trusted. It's not as if someone has recently had an accident.
So how are you supposed to put screws in.?:rolleyes:

"brummagem screwdriver"

Last edited:
H&S went mad a few years ago, once worked on a refurb of a large office block in Liverpool, about 12 floors, each with around 100 sash windows per floor. Contractors H&S bod had them put an A4 notice on every single window saying "Danger of Falling"

:LOL: well she probably uses her kn*ckers an extra day by turning them inside out and then, before the trip to the wash basket, to wipe her posterior as needed? Afteral, thrift is good.......isn't it :thinking:
Doesn’t everybody get four days out of a pair of undies? Forwards, backwards then inside out and repeat.

Doesn’t everybody get four days out of a pair of undies? Forwards, backwards then inside out and repeat.

I though you just soaked them off in your annual bath, is you needed one.

Just been told this by my son who is a restaurant manager , the other day a female customer came in and was wearing a disposable mask but inside out .as he was explaining the rules and regs to her she took off her mask and cleaned her glasses with it .

Totally true but does make you wonder if a cure will ever be effective , you can’t cure stupid

Very true, but also shops / restaurants etc aren't helping either by not challenging such behaviours :-(

I work in a heavy engineering factory and since last Friday the firm has banned the use of hammers of any sort from the factory floor. We used them all the time. The only way we can use one is if a risk assessment is carried out and a supervisor brings the hammer from an office to your place of work watches you use it and returns it to the office immediately. We oiks are not to be trusted. It's not as if someone has recently had an accident.

Blimey. How is one supposed to work without the do it all tool!! My lump hammer is normally the first item I get out of my toolbox in the morning :ROFLMAO:

Very true, but also shops / restaurants etc aren't helping either by not challenging such behaviours :-(
Many shop staff have been instructed( by their management) to avoid challenging customers in case things get abusive......

However, where my daughter works her store manager has taken a different line & has asked customers to leave the store for not complying; they even had one customer who came in to have some photocopying done; the customer licked his fingers to separate each page of his copying work as he attempted to hand it over to the staff member.....The member of staff refused to handle the papers, called the manager over and there was a confrontation, As the customer left without his copying his retort was "I haven't seen any signs saying I shouldn't be licking my fingers...."

Many shop staff have been instructed( by their management) to avoid challenging customers in case things get abusive......

However, where my daughter works her store manager has taken a different line & has asked customers to leave the store for not complying; they even had one customer who came in to have some photocopying done; the customer licked his fingers to separate each page of his copying work as he attempted to hand it over to the staff member.....The member of staff refused to handle the papers, called the manager over and there was a confrontation, As the customer left without his copying his retort was "I haven't seen any signs saying I shouldn't be licking my fingers...."

While I understand many store managers have told staff this I believe its wrong to do so though i do understand the worry of confronting. I think all the signs saying "please wear a mask" should be replaced with " no mask, no service".

Yes there are those that are exempt, I understand that and that's a different discussion on how to weed out the genuine vs the idiots.

Most of the genuine exemptees are in vulnerable groups so should be avoiding as much contact as possible anyway.

While I understand many store managers have told staff this I believe its wrong to do so though i do understand the worry of confronting. I think all the signs saying "please wear a mask" should be replaced with " no mask, no service".

Yes there are those that are exempt, I understand that and that's a different discussion on how to weed out the genuine vs the idiots.

Restaurant / Shop staff are not paid enough to care let alone put themselves into potentially dangerous situations.

Restaurant / Shop staff are not paid enough to care let alone put themselves into potentially dangerous situations.

Dont think anyone is frankly, but the point is about where the buck is and who should stop it to control the spread. It's going to be quite rare for anyone to really challenge the idiots so there should simply be a system of some form in place to eliminate that need.

Personally I'd like a sign on all shops / entertainment venues stating that cctv on the premises that records non compliance will be forwarded to the police for investigation.
I know that there's enough for the police to do but still it could be a start.

Dont think anyone is frankly, but the point is about where the buck is and who should stop it to control the spread. It's going to be quite rare for anyone to really challenge the idiots so there should simply be a system of some form in place to eliminate that need.

Personally I'd like a sign on all shops / entertainment venues stating that cctv on the premises that records non compliance will be forwarded to the police for investigation.
I know that there's enough for the police to do but still it could be a start.
Yup, and BIG fines for them all. It's totally selfish not to wear a mask or whatever. None of us wear them for pleasure, it's to help protect others and poorly paid staff should not have to be put at risk in any way.

In at least one shop here the staff don't wear masks, that is also when they come out from behind the screen to do things !
Yes they do have CCTV so makes you wonder what the head off ice are doing about it, nothing I suspect

As I said in another thread some time ago...

My opinion of my fellow Brits has plumbited in recent years. I never thought I'd see the sort of division, bitterness, vitriol, stupidity and selfishness I've seen, in the UK. For me it started with Brexit and although that is still ongoing C19 has IMO added to the slide. Add to that poisonous use of identity politics, nationalism and culture wars and Gosh knows where we're going. USA style mayhem maybe.

I'm not condemning the opinion anyone holds on these matters, just the behaviour of some, well.... quite a lot of people really.

I'm probably one of the least tolerant with stupid people hence referring to them as human 'waste' rather than 'race'.
Sadly covid-19 has proven me right time and time again.

Back