In just 30 seconds

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Today on NW Scotland has been superb - a gentle breeze and a lot of warm sunshine.

Earlier this evening it was warm, cloudy and with not a breath of wind and I sat outside well covered with "Smidge That Midge" enjoying the view and I decided to do an experiment.

This was what an untreated lower leg looked like after 30 seconds. I get the count to about 20 of the little blighters.

Dave

30s1.jpg

Would love to go to these places but insect bites make me sewell up :-(

D

LOL

Been there, left...

Avon Skin-So-Soft works for 80% of the people who try it - they don't come near you.

Never without a bottle in my golf bag :)

For some unknow reason it didn't work for me last week in Wales.

Trevor

That makes my skin crawl just looking.................. but I'm actually surprised you didn't collect more.
Much as I love Scotland I could never live there - horrible, horrible things. Unless you've experienced them....................
My partner gets bitten many times worse than I do and he's a native. He's happy to act as photographer's assistant till he sees a midge, then he runs for cover - wuss!

I remember seeing the one minute challenge and though that bloke is a lot tougher than me. Avon SsS seems to work for some people and not others. I find it is good but for a limited time and especially limited if I'm doing anything even mildly active.

I've read it is supposed to be a bumper year for the midge but so far around here it hasn't been too bad.

I agree it is impossible to describe to someone who hasn't encountered them just how bad they can be, and just as impossible for me to understand how some folks who do not seem to be affected by them.

Dave

PS Smidge that Midge works wonderfully - not a bite on my arms or face.

I was chatting to a Scottish water inspector while we were on holiday and he swears by SkinSoSoft. Apparently it doesn't stop the midges landing on you but does stop them biting for some reason. He also said that Avon had changed the formula a couple of years back but had since reverted to the formula that has the anti-bite ingredient. When he's working in bad areas for midges, he wears a full anti-midge suit.

On the same holiday, we both used Smidge for the first week - I stayed bite free so carried on for the second week (and remained bite free) but Mrs Nod did get bitten while using Smidge so switched to SSS - no further bites.

I think anything you put on your skin helps a certain extent. I'm quite generous with the moisturiser (because I'm worth it..............:)) and I'm sure it helps keep both midges and mosquitoes away. Not all of them - I do still get bitten but not that much. My partner is going to give Smidge a try next time.

Avon Skin-So-Soft works for 80% of the people who try it - they don't come near you.

Never without a bottle in my golf bag :)

+1 to the Avon Skin-So-Soft (y)
we use all the time in the Scottish borders & beyond

Back