In Memoriam ( open thread)

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Its a sad sign of the times that I find myself having to start this thread.
If you wish to post anything regarding the loss of a loved one, a memory, a photograph, or just a line or two this is place.

My motherin law died this week, then i said goodbye to my daughter who died totally messed up head at the moment still waiting to hear about my mum.

Real sorry to hear that Dave, very tough time you've had. Hope your Mum will be ok

One of my Dad's neighbours died during the week, I know he was ill before so not confirmed if it's Covid related, he was a year older than my Dad which has him worrying, he's vulnerable too having COPD

Last edited:
A mate in my cycling club Alan aged 51 died of Covid 19, i don't hate Covid I hate the people that mocked the rules and I hope they get the karma they deserve.,

A member of the car club passed last week, I’m sure he was a member here too, I knew him as Badger, his passion was cars, photography and wild camping, makes me feel old when the younger guys go first.

I lost a good friend in March last year, he died a few days before his 62nd birthday.
He died from a heart attack while in bed.
Sadly, his mother and two older brothers died from heart attacks as well.
The mutual friend who sorted out his affairs gave me a ticket stub for a Pink Floyd concert in 1989 that he kept.
I bought a framed Pink Floyd poster and put the ticket stub and a photo of him inside it.

My motherin law died this week, then i said goodbye to my daughter who died totally messed up head at the moment still waiting to hear about my mum.

I'm so sorry to read this, no parent should have to bury a child
:(

I'm so sorry to read this, no parent should have to bury a child
:(

Thank you it has been a busy few days here for me if I say so my self. Been speaking to a nurse that is looking after my mum and she said it's still bad but mum is making some progress at the moment so that is really helping me too along with folk I'm talking to.

Lost my Dad on the 17th January, and due to his case having to go to the coroner, we only got to say goodbye at the beginning of this week. Still struggling to come to terms with it all to be honest, and it still doesnt feel real. I thought that going to see him at the funeral home last week as we prepared for his funeral would help, but it didnt. He didnt look like him...Then I thought the funeral would bring me some closure. This hasnt happened either. I guess it will be a long process.

Remembering my sister who took her life 5 years ago today and 4 years to the day after my step father passed away.

The night my step-father passed away my sister was due to visit him in his care home. He had vascular dementia. She decided not to go that evening as he was getting
"over" friendly with her, she would join one of us on our visits to him later in the week. My sister looked very much like our mother at the same age and we think he was seeing my sister as our mother. He died that evening, she never forgave herself for not going to visit.
From an out going girl who had a large circle of friends, took care of her appearance had just secured a well paid job the decline was rapid.
Loss of weight, hair cropped very short and dyed, numerous tattoo's and hiding herself away all happened in a very short space of time.
She was getting help seeing councillors getting medication but nothing seemed to help.
My sister had no previous history of mental health problems so all this came as a huge shock.
I think about her and miss her every day.

Last edited:
We lost my older brother to Covid-19 on Thursday.
He had been fighting it for five weeks but his body couldn't take it anymore.
He was very fit and active for his age and had never been in hospital before.
So every year a week before my birthday I'll be remembering my friend Pete and my brother.
My birthday has not meant much to me for years but as of next year, it will be even less,

We lost my older brother to Covid-19 on Thursday.
He had been fighting it for five weeks but his body couldn't take it anymore.
He was very fit and active for his age and had never been in hospital before.
So every year a week before my birthday I'll be remembering my friend Pete and my brother.
My birthday has not meant much to me for years but as of next year, it will be even less,
Sorry to hear that Daz...

Back