In pursuit of Redshanks

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I did hear some calling this morning- so I wandered down with my NEW Sony a77 Mk2 and the Tamron 150-600mm lens

1. Boy

DSC00062 by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

2. Boy meets Girl

DSC00103 by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

3. Boy Flirts with Girl

DSC00107 by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

4. Girl Gives in

DSC00109 by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

5. Girl closes eyes in sheer pleasure

DSC00111 by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

6. Boy leaves

DSC00092 - Copy by lesmoxonphotography, on Flickr

Plenty more on my Flickr

Thanks for looking

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the flirting one! You captured their character very well indeed. Which 150-600mm lens is it? We are thinking of getting the Sigma 150-600mm or the Tamron one.

I really like the flirting one! You captured their character very well indeed. Which 150-600mm lens is it? We are thinking of getting the Sigma 150-600mm or the Tamron one.

Thank you - I use the Tamron 150-600m it's lovely sharp lens and well suited for Birds and Wildlife

:Les

Good set Les, they look very contrasty to me, however I think my monitor is shafted, so take no notice.....:D

Good set Les, they look very contrasty to me, however I think my monitor is shafted, so take no notice.....:D

bright bright sunshine and first time out with the new camera body- you may well be right fella

Les

Thank you - I use the Tamron 150-600m it's lovely sharp lens and well suited for Birds and Wildlife

:Les
I am thinking of hiring one, Just to get the feel of it for myself. At the moment when shooting i am always just a little too far away.

Its a heavy old lens - but hiring is a perfect way to see if it suit you

I am thinking of hiring one, Just to get the feel of it for myself. At the moment when shooting i am always just a little too far away.
Stop messing about with poxy zoomz, sell a kidney and get a 500 F4 Alexandra.......:naughty:

bright bright sunshine and first time out with the new camera body- you may well be right fella

Les
It could be the strong light Les, just that everything looks a bit overcooked colour wise. Could be me and my monitor or you and your new kit bud. Dunno for sure.

It could be the strong light Les, just that everything looks a bit overcooked colour wise. Could be me and my monitor or you and your new kit bud. Dunno for sure.

I think its the light- very little PP done on these- and the new camera of course- ony used it for an hour so far :D

This is where i think i will struggle. Small Hands and small wrists!

Tripod or mono-pod then maybe??

Les

Are you going to come and hold it for me? lol. I suppose i could use a tripod though.
Get your fella to kneel in front of you and use a beanbag placed on his head, i`m sure he will understand.......:D

I think its the light- very little PP done on these- and the new camera of course- ony used it for an hour so far :D

Les

Fair comment, you liking the new body?

Fair comment, you liking the new body?

Yes It's a step up from the other I had in fact a huge step up- so much to learn though

I'll persevere - looking at a 300mm f2.8 tomorrow :banana:

Tripod or mono-pod then maybe??

Les
I will have to use the mono-pod more if i do.

What body were you shooting with previously?

I had the Sony a77 SLT Mk1

The Sony a77 Mk2 is leaps and bounds above the old version - It only cost me £764

Les

I haven't had a chance to try any Sony Cameras before (Well technically the d810 has a Sony sensor so i have i guess)

Enjoy the new body!

They look fine contrast and colour wise on mine but is there a tad of front focusing because the birds don't look as sharp as they might to me - but it is only VERY slight.

Lez, very attractive birds shots and sequence ...... I wish!!

to consider: reduce shadows, raise darks, under exposure, (caused by light conditions), maybe up to EV +1 ....... have a play with sliders and tone curve

well fertilised ground ................ looks good soil

Last edited:
For first play with New camera and noise looks very good.

Just sort your PP out hay Mr Published!! :p

sod off :D:D:D:D

A great sequence. I can't comment on the pp as I'm viewing one someone else's laptop. Like Alexandra I'm considering the Tamron 150-600 (eventually, when I have some money.........) but as another small lady I shall be going down the hire first route too.

It is a heavy lens and the hire route is the way to go, thanks for the comments

Les ;)

Back