In the Dales with my LX7

Edit My Images
Yes
I hope these are ok here in the Landscape Section, sheep, old buildings etc! I appreciate the sheep one is not a great composed image(weeds in the way) but the weather was horrendous, heavy rain and high winds, so I and camera were wet through...…if only the sun had shone on those sheep!

Near Malham (3) by brickdav, on Flickr
Darnbrook sheep by brickdav, on Flickr
Near Malham (1) by brickdav, on Flickr

If anyone is wondering, the colours above their tail indicate that the rams have been busy :LOL:
Those mossy walls are an amazing study in themselves.

The other small dots will be a temporary mark to indicate a treatment e.g. wormer or vaccine, I suspect that's why they are in the pen.
Then they usually have a more permanent owner mark can be seen from further away in case they stray or are being gathered from communal grazing.
With these that's probably the red bar more or less over mid-back.
While being penned some colour has rubbed onto other sheep just to confuse things.

I think the sheep are better sunless - all those amazing colour marks would be reduced in effect by sunlight. Shame about the weeds, yes, but still a good pic. Assume they're Swaledales? And yes, mossy walls are great.

If anyone is wondering, the colours above their tail indicate that the rams have been busy :LOL:
And there was me thinking it was a pen full of Baa baa "Rainbow sheep" that nursery kids now have to sing instead of baa baa black sheep.
:D

That is quite an impressive display of moss (y)

When I worked up there for a couple of years, on one of the young farmer's stag nights he got fitted out with one of the harness things which hold a crayon, just needed to check everything in working order I guess.

Back