Beginner In the garden with my new camera

I`m liking shot No.3 very nice.
As stated lose the vingnette.

Your doing ok ,I would suggest expanding the subject matter to say landscape- street- portrait - wildlife- etc, just to find out which you are most comfortable with taking photos of

Last edited:
Your doing ok ,I would suggest expanding the subject matter to say landscape- street- portrait - wildlife- etc, just to find out which you are most comfortable with

I actually do love taking landscape pictures, and have taken a lot but just not so many with a DSLR camera.

As I've only had this camera for a few days, I've yet to get the chance to go anywhere and get some nice landscape shots, but hopefully if the weather brightens up again next week I aim to :)

Not bad shots, but I'd lose the vignettes if they were mines.
I agree that vignettes are a bit much on some of them, but don't discount using it completely - just use it appropriately and subtly (as with virtually every processing tool).

I use it quite a lot but as a rule, if I can tell there's a vignette, it's too much. Try toning it down a bit and increasing the feathering (if you can do that with whatever you're using).

Had a bit of a play with 'selective colouring' in Lightroom on one of my pictures. I feel like a lot won't like it much here but I think it turned out okay, and so thought I'd share :)

The sun gradually going down this evening. I thought I'd have a go at capturing it in the background.

I also tried very hard to capture this bee which would not sit still for a second. Didn't think it turned out to bad considering this, but are there any obvious things I'm missing that I could have done to make it a little easier to capture it more clearly, even with it moving so much? I found that by the time I'd manually focused on to it, each time it'd already moved off to another flower.

And then I decided to get a few more flower shots.

I took some more in the garden this afternoon and managed to get a pretty decent one of a bee which I'm quite happy with :)

Back