Beginner Indiscreet Concrete

Name
Don
Edit My Images
Yes
As with the title, no room for subtlety :)
Finding my feet with architecture and for this one, post-war/brutalism - have a butchers.

The Mothership by Thatchapthere, on Flickr

Mothership close by Thatchapthere, on Flickr

Pool 3 by Thatchapthere, on Flickr

Psyche Hospital
Psych Hospital by Thatchapthere, on Flickr

Psyche 2
Psych 2 by Thatchapthere, on Flickr

Could be better but had to include - The recreation area from the hospital, with abandoned quarter in the background

Pysch Hospital 'play area' ! by Thatchapthere, on Flickr

Look good to me, not that I know much about this kind of photography but I think we are loosing so many of these brutalist buildings it is important to record them.

There's something about these buildings that makes their horrible, ugly appearance in full, day to day colour so absolutely fascinating in B&W.

Love these mate. Well done.

Look good to me, not that I know much about this kind of photography but I think we are loosing so many of these brutalist buildings it is important to record them.
They're listed buildings so all good, cheers!

There's something about these buildings that makes their horrible, ugly appearance in full, day to day colour so absolutely fascinating in B&W.

Love these mate. Well done.

Ta, Ian! Jimmy Nail on the head re B+W. There are some rotters out there though - Near topped myself after visiting Cumbernauld :)
However Greater Glasgow is fantastic for this stuff!

yeah i like them especially in b and w i would have liked some more angles maybe.
for me the last one.

They're listed buildings so all good, cheers!

Ta, Ian! Jimmy Nail on the head re B+W. There are some rotters out there though - Near topped myself after visiting Cumbernauld :)
However Greater Glasgow is fantastic for this stuff!
Haha I have the (mis)fortune of working in Fleming House in cumbernauld now and again. They are some pretty depressing buildings right enough!

Hi Don,
Great set of images and good description- brutal sums it up. B&W works perfectly.
Are the top 3 shots of the Dolan baths in EK ?

Iain

Back