Infinite bridge and speedboat

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a photo I took today at the Infinite Bridge in Stockton on tees whilst some speedboats were doing the rounds

Attachments

• E8D3BBDA-F1A4-4661-81A5-3B3EFDD0E55D.jpeg
    E8D3BBDA-F1A4-4661-81A5-3B3EFDD0E55D.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 67
You have a lot of sensor dust showing
Go back and shoot again when the light is better and wind is lighter so you make the most of a reflection

Agree 100% and if you don't know what sensor dust looks like

Here you go :)
JoC4Bp8.jpg

Les

Main criticism is the time of day. Its almost best in almost all cases to shoot away from the sun not towards it.

Scenes like this are best though at dusk or dawn. On still occasions where there are reflections.

Pictures like this though...they're all part of learning and developing your craft. This reminds me of one of my very very early works

What camera did you use and did you shoot RAW or jpg? Reason I ask is that in the RAW you 'may' be able to rescue the dark parts of the image to a certain extent (I always shoot to the left with my Fujifilm, but I know that it is very capable of pulling shadows back) - also what PP software are you using? The only thing with trying to rescue shadows is that it can look quite unnatural if overdone, so a light touch is needed. Everything else about the image has also already been said. But, it's all a learning curve and it's good to just get out and make images. :)

For a very first attempt at photography Jason, you have now got the feedback and advice on how to go and take the shot again and improve. We will get the sensor cleaned and re-visit the scene and have another go. Keep at it though. Theres lots to learn and once you get that lightbulb moment and you get that great shot, then there will be no stopping you.

Pictures like this though...they're all part of learning and developing your craft. This reminds me of one of my very very early works

Same here

For a very first attempt at photography Jason, you have now got the feedback and advice on how to go and take the shot again and improve. We will get the sensor cleaned and re-visit the scene and have another go. Keep at it though. Theres lots to learn and once you get that lightbulb moment and you get that great shot, then there will be no stopping you.

Yeah as Jason says keep at it

Back