Infrared night photography

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I'd apreciate feedback on these 2. I'm trying to learn to use IR at night: these 2 are deliberately different exposures, with the second being about 2 stops more than the first, but the processing negates that difference somewhat and I've tried to draw a different look from each.

IR image-2642 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

IR image-2640 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Constructive comments welcome - thanks for looking.

I'd apreciate feedback on these 2. I'm trying to learn to use IR at night: these 2 are deliberately different exposures, with the second being about 2 stops more than the first, but the processing negates that difference somewhat and I've tried to draw a different look from each.

IR image-2642 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

IR image-2640 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

Constructive comments welcome - thanks for looking.

isnt infra-red sort of whitey tones to green...as in trees
what process did you use here Toni??
the first seems the right exposure...
there may be pp stuff to convert...or can it be done in the camera...which seems a good setting
cheers
geof
ps like the choice of venue :)

The process I'm using is to take the raw file into DXO optics Pro for initial colour balance & exposure settings, then to GIMP to swap green & red colour channels, then into Perfect Effects to restore colours to the image before finishing and cataloguing in lightrrom. Raw files straight from camera have a pink-red cast in daylight pictures

I was at a 24:14 prayer session that the Banbury churches have every year at the SA hall, and these were taken after we'd done our slot about 10pm.

Back