Ink not 'drying/curing'

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a HP Envy print/scan/copy printer which has a HP black cartridge and a HP colour one. It prints just fine for ordinary documents.

Now and again my daughter or the grandchildren want me to print an A4 copy of a photo that I may have taken of them playing, dancing, football etc.

The printer is very temperamental on decent photo paper of 200-250 gms in that it won't feed through.
Consequently I have had to resort to a 150gm paper - Ryman Photo Gloss.
However whilst the prints look ok for their purpose, the ink does not seem to be stable, in that if you rub a finger across it (which grandchildren do :)) ,
the colour seems to rub off as a kind of dust, particularly the black. This does not happen on plain white paper.

I have used an everyday HP gloss paper in the past which seemed ok but I cannot find it anywhere now.

Any idea whether it is the ink? Or the paper? Or how to fix it?

For my prints, I use DSCL so I have no desire to upgrade the printer, paricularly for what probably amounts to a couple of prints a month

If you are finding the prints stable with all HP items........I can only surmise that the Ryman paper is incompatible with the HP inks.

There may be something in the settings to mitigate for it but ink & paper AFAIK need to be compatible to print at their best.

Back