Non UK Innsbruck

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Looks very likely we are going to be putting a deposit down for a eurocamp near Innsbruck.
Has anyone been and got recommendations for places to visit? Going with our 2 children.
Wondering if it might be worth adding a bit of a wider than my 18-135

Ant idea how much English is spoken?

Thanks in advance

Looks very likely we are going to be putting a deposit down for a eurocamp near Innsbruck.
Has anyone been and got recommendations for places to visit? Going with our 2 children.
Wondering if it might be worth adding a bit of a wider than my 18-135

Ant idea how much English is spoken?

Thanks in advance
Mayrhofen, Krimml Falls, Grossglockner Alpine Road.
English us spoken widely in Austria.

Alpenzoo via Hungerburg funicular railway , Tram rides and Museum, Bergisel Ski Jump all in Innsbruck.

Been there a good few times and one of my favourite places, usually stay in Igls and get the tram or bus down into the city

Innsbruck card is good value, prices roughly the same as here.

Goulash soup is excellent as is Tiroler Grostl, any soup with Knodel means it has a dumpling in it.

Cake mid afternoon is a nice tradition, lovely selection available from a Konditorei

Trip over the Europa Bridge into Italy is another idea, you can do Venice but it's hard going in a day.

Last edited:
You have to bring back one of those little plastic Tyrolean blokes that wiggle and yodel for hours on end.
It really gets on everybody's nerves.
Another recommendation for Goulash Soup here!

Been to Salzburg and Innsbruck many times .. Salzburg is fantastic .. Konigsee is spectacular and the little boat trip is worth it .. Eagles Nest and the Anne Frank museum if your into history and the different cable cars can give fantastic sites and views .. I can't suggest a better place to visit .. at least it was fantastic for us .. the salt mines might be worth a visit .. and the underground boat tour .. If you like beer halls and good food then the Augustinier Bauhaus (forgive spelling) in Salzburg was really good and the food hall just as good (sausage, pork, beef, chicken, pizza ..). Salzburg castle was good along ... What are you into and I can suggest more if you want .. are you set on a camper? We found that the local buses very good value and very quick .. if your going in the museums and using public transport then yes the Innsbruck card/Salzburg cards are very good value ..

First and last time was on a mountaineering & rock and ice course holiday back in the early 1970's.........and the food that I still recall was Kaizerschmarm ~ a wonderfully simple treat for a sweet tooth :)

We usually go just prior to Christmas as we like the markets and the place isn't as busy as ski season .. especially up the slopes .. we don't ski so for us it's rides up and down the cable cars and enjoy a nice beer in the snow .. mmmmmm I think the last one we went to was Stubai Gletcher (spelling) .. oh my what a place and all from the local bus .. amazing ..

There is just so much to see. Here's one of the inhabitants of Telfs (four or five stops down the Inn Valley from Innsbruck)...

14203303851_baa3f43068_b.jpg

The scenery is amazing in the spring and summer, especially if you're up it...

11826133056_686e59edec_b.jpg

The locals like the British on the grounds that we're nearly as eccentric as they are...

15683175107_ab4fc7eb7b_b.jpg

...and if there's one thing the Tyroleans love it's food. In twenty five years of visiting the country I've never had anything that wasn't delicious...

12588888184_13b8cde6c6_b.jpg

TOP TIP: Order a Sommerticket or an Einfach-Raus-Ticket before you go. It'll save a fortune: https://tickets.oebb.at/en/ticket

Been to Salzburg and Innsbruck many times .. Salzburg is fantastic .. Konigsee is spectacular and the little boat trip is worth it .. Eagles Nest and the Anne Frank museum if your into history and the different cable cars can give fantastic sites and views .. I can't suggest a better place to visit .. at least it was fantastic for us .. the salt mines might be worth a visit .. and the underground boat tour .. If you like beer halls and good food then the Augustinier Bauhaus (forgive spelling) in Salzburg was really good and the food hall just as good (sausage, pork, beef, chicken, pizza ..). Salzburg castle was good along ... What are you into and I can suggest more if you want .. are you set on a camper? We found that the local buses very good value and very quick .. if your going in the museums and using public transport then yes the Innsbruck card/Salzburg cards are very good value ..

Will be staying in a caravan just outside innsbruck, there is a free bus into innsbruck. salt mines and underground boat tour sound interesting. We are wondering if it might be worth hiring a car for a couple of days during the week, As for likes, castles, wildlife, great views, more or less anything really, keeping the two children happy at the same time.

It really does sound like a great choice, having never been abroad before, hoping we can do it justice!

Will be staying in a caravan just outside innsbruck, there is a free bus into innsbruck. salt mines and underground boat tour sound interesting. We are wondering if it might be worth hiring a car for a couple of days during the week, As for likes, castles, wildlife, great views, more or less anything really, keeping the two children happy at the same time.

It really does sound like a great choice, having never been abroad before, hoping we can do it justice!
Not too far from Neuschwanstein castle , well worth a visit, just back from Mayrhofen, beautiful place. Krimml Falls are worth a visit too.

If the weather is good the open air natural pools are nice, a couple of mountains have water parks on them too.

If I remember correctly, one of our party got fleeced (sic) by a leather jacket seller in the main car park at Innsbruck.
You have been warned!

Back